“Great Stop for a Quick Lunch”
Review of Stone Soup

Stone Soup
Ranked #25 of 241 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a great lunch at Stone Soup while visiting Burlington for the weekend. It was the perfect meal on a cold day. As a vegetarian, it was great to have so many options. The soup was delicious, as was the bread that came with it. Their selection of baked goods was also great... especially the carrot cake cookies:) The servers were very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely return here if I am back in the area.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. I like the fact that you can either make a plate from the buffet line or order from the counter. We opted for some soups from the counter for this visit and we were very happy with our choices. You don't feel guilty or gross after eating there either. The only thing I had a small issue with was the battle for seats and that the area where you are supposed to drop you dirty plates is in a high traffic walkway. But I can deal with those things when the food is as yummy as it is here.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

It's not immediately evident how Stone Soup works, so go straight to the register if it's your first time. You can order soup and sandwiches, but the real star that everyone comes for is the by-the-pound buffet. It's not huge, but we tried a little scoop of everything and it was all wonderful, homemade, and (surprisingly) vegetarian. We sat near the open window on a cool night, sipped white wine, and stuffed ourselves silly. Many locals came, even up until closing, to fill containers to go. The host was talkative and made a number of good recommendations for the rest of our trip. If the peach and berry crumble is on the menu (which changes daily) then order one to share. Had we stayed in Burlington longer we would have gone back again. Stone Soup is a Burlington MUST!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great chill atmosphere and food. If this was in my hometown, I would re-visit very often. Everything at the bar was very tempting and so easy to get (and pay for) too much. My only regret was that I skipped the amazing looking baked goods.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stone Soup was a nice spot for a quick lunch. We didn’t go because of the vegan/vegetarian options, just because it sounded good and had good reviews. Honestly, we were a little out of our element when it came to all the specialty grain and veggie options. We settled on mac & cheese, which was good, and soups and sandwiches. It was a perfect day for fresh, warm soup. The portions were generous.