“best lunch spot!”

Stone Soup
Ranked #21 of 239 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
South Burlington, Vermont
“best lunch spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

organic, and vegetarian friendly! great place, relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for a quick bite with friends or a nice meal with a lover. tres vermont!

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Nourishing and creative food in Burlington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you like down-to-earth food and environments, you will like Zabby and Elf's Stone Soup in Burlington. We loved the food, and it was the perfect stop for a group comprised of both vegans and omnivores. Most of the lunch options were in a buffet, although there were some specials on the board as well. I saw a lot of folks eating by themselves, so I think it must be a comfortable place to dine alone if you are traveling solo. The service is fine, although there is a tiny bit of hippie pretentiousness, but we didn't take it personally and enjoyed it anyway. This place is worth checking out for sure.

• Visited March 2013
Burlington, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Love it. Good variety of healthy tasty fresh food. Soups are yummy. Great for lunch.
Service is super friendly and efficient. Highly recommend!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Burlingtonhostel
Merrick, New York
“I really wanted soup...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We came to this restaurant on a cold winter day because all I wanted was soup... turns out they only had 4 choices to choose from and none of them were appealing to me at all. Also, they weren't very healthy (no low fat options). They were either vegan, dairy free, gluten free etc., but that doesn't make them low fat or low sodium...
So I ended up making a salad from the small salad bar that they had. $16.50 later.... i had my lunch. Seriously, over $15 for a salad?? I did put hummus on the salad which added some weight to it, but I am still in shock about the overall cost...
It was really crowded and the staff were not that nice or friendly. They seemed to be annoyed that we were standing in 'their way' when there was clearly absolutely nowhere else for us to go. I also felt rushed because there was a constant stream of ppl looking for a place to sit. They eye you at the table like a hawk & make you feel really uncomfortable.

Overall, I was really disappointed in the selection (having 'soup' in the name, I expected more than 4 choices) and was shocked by the extremely high price of the salad bar.

• Visited February 2013
Burlington, Vermont
“Makes Healthy Eating Palatable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

So my husband hates vegetables...Nevertheless, he'll eat soup and baked goods from Stone Soup. I, on the other hand, find all their food palatable and MORE! A definite ++++

Visited November 2012