“Good Concept, lousy execution”
Review of The Skinny Pancake

The Skinny Pancake
Ranked #6 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We got there at 9 am this morning & was able to score a table outside.

My Garlique Chic had delicious pesto sauce, red peppers, and chicken breast. The problem lies where the crepe was overcooked & was like a rock.

To me a crepe should be soft & savory, unlike a buritto. If I wanted the latter, I could spend a lot less than 9 bucks.

The owner had inviting concepts, but the crew failed to deliver the vision.

Just to be fair, when I waited on the long time to complaint, I did get a comp one.

I would only recommend if:
(1) you like overcooked stuffed crepe
(2) you can get a table outside, which is about 20F cooler than inside.

There are newer reviews for The Skinny Pancake

Reviewed February 8, 2009

The food is ok. Some well thought out ideas but when you actually get your food, its rarely spectacular. It is a big hippie hang out as well so that isn't your scene you may want to avoid.

Reviewed October 17, 2008

We found the Skinny Pancake by chance, stopped there because it seemed to be full, and justifiably so. Great atmosphere, a little bohemian, and great food as long as you like crepes. A bluegrass band added to the atmosphere

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Crepes for dinner? That's what I first said. Turns out its great for lunch and dinner. Very popular with students and alt scene. Regular music too - right on the waterfront. Really beautiful down there.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Very good food. I recommend the Love maker and the heart breaker. Very good!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook