See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

If you are not white and value your dignity avoid this hotel at any cost.Another $50 a night is not more valuable than your self respect. Our AC did not run all night and we had to try to sleep with our windows open with all the loud noises of the road. There was nobody to help us on the front desk and no one picked up the phone. We were awake until 1 am. After all this the owner bangs on our door at 7 in the morning and tells us to leave as we dared to complain. He tells us we r doing this as we are not white and no white customer complains ever. We then had to wait almost hour and a half to get the refund on our unused night while he entertained other customers who came after us. Worst experience ever. Avoid this place at any cost. I would give zero rating if I can.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Vandana B
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

I would give 0 stars if I could! In the beginning, the owner seemed unfriendly and dry, on the phone, but I figured that maybe he was having a bad day. When I arrived, he made me feel uncomfortable. When I checked in, he mentioned to me again that there was no smoking aloud in the room. I acknowledged him and let him know that I knew the state law and would comply. Then he threw a curveball at me and told me no smoking marijuana Either. I'm a 40 year old business owner who hasn't smoked since college, so what gives him the balls to assume that I do drugs! On top of that, he charged me a $30.00 deposit in cash that was Non refundable if I or my friend smoked in the room. Normally, you're supposed to take a person's CC number and charge the CC for any damage.
Then in the morning, he comes banging on my door because my friend was being a little loud and says that he's going to call the police and he wants us to leave now. 25 minutes later, when I went to check out, he tells me that my African American friend can no longer stay here. I told him that Neither him or I did anything wrong. The owner had nothing to say. Another Guest was also checking out and he sent him on his way, but when it came to me, he He ran right up into our Room quick fast to smell for smoke and marijuana smoke I presume. What about checking the other guy's Room? You should hold the same standard for every guest! While outside, while my friend and I were discussing the situation, the owner came out with his camera and was either photographing or videotaping my friend and I For documentation purposes .Why? We did nothing wrong.Racial profiling is a poor business practice and a poor practice in general, especially when you own a business that caters to the public. I will never be staying here again and I recommend that everybody stay away.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
6  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed May 29, 2018

i stay here everytime i'm in in Burlington - it is not fancy but it is clean and affordable (with great water pressure and hot water).

probably three stars but i give it a bonus point for being a POC-owned businesses

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We are not travel snobs. Clean, comfortable and reasonably priced are the most important things to my husband and I. With that said, the bed linens were clean and the bathroom was clean. The carpet was in desperate need of replacement. The furniture in the room was as if it had been purchased at multiple yard sales; everything was old and beat up, and there was not one piece of furniture that matched another piece. The bathroom was clean, although the shower had sticky residue left from where the shampoo/soap dispenser had apparently once hung. Unlike most hotels, there were not little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion; no little bars of soap. Instead there is a dispenser hanging on the shower wall with shampoo on onside and liquid soap on the other. There were 2 very thin towels like you would expect to at a hotel pool, 2 hand towels and 2 wash cloths in the bathroom. I moved the tv at an angle so as my husband went to sleep before me and when I did, I unearthed a herd of dust bunnies.

It advertises a continental breakfast but when we checked in, we were told there is coffee only. The owner somehow controls the heat/air conditioning. If you want to use either, you have to call the front desk. They weekend we were there, there was insufficient parking and the owner had us park in handicap parking even though we are not in need of this parking spot nor do we have a permit for such.

Although this is one of the cheapest hotels in the area, it is not worth the money you spend. We will not stay here again. For as little as an additional $20, you can stay in a much nicer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I was wary of G.G. T. Tibet Inn based on reviews but had a positive experience. The owner was a very interesting man, who is actually from Tibet and has an interesting story to tell about his escape to the West from Occupied Tibet. The room was nice with a comfortable bed, nothing fancy but clean and nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo