“Not good”
Review of Ethan Allen Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Ethan Allen Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night and it was one too many. The room was very old and worn. The TV was tiny, the fridge was dirty the wall paper was peeling etc.. and the room smelled liked smoke. The bathroom had mold around it and the window curtains were made of towels (really) the curtain rod was also falling off the wall. We should have left but it was the only room available in town on a holiday weekend. The price was cheap, but you really do get what you pay for! I will not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2014

While this property was probably built in the 60's or earlier, it is clean with a lot of updates like tv's , mattresses and everything works, does not leak, and drains. It is quiet, pet friendly, and has a nice pool. Location and price are great. I have always paid between 50 and 90 dollars. It is pet friendly and you can back you car up to the room door which makes unloading your wife's and daughters "stuff" easy. It has been apparently been locally owned with the owner living on the property. The owner, maintenance folks, and housekeeping are very pleasant and accommodating. The property has been excellent for my purposes but because of its age, some would probably give it just a very good rating. And I have even walked to the airport from the property. And it has suites with separate kitchens for a few bucks more.

Room Tip: ground floor away from road
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank treefarm_vt
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was traveling with my daughter on a college tour. For the price, this was a perfectly adequate place to stay. Not fancy, a little worn, but clean and convenient to the airport and Church Street. However, the room was freezing -- the thermostat read 60 degrees inside the room. There were radiators in the room but they were stone cold so apparently not working and no extra blankets to use. We'd been out shopping and then for dinner so by the time we got back to Ethan Allen and realized just how chilly it was, it was after 11:00 and the office was closed so we could not get anyone to help us. So we simply piled on lots of layers and buried ourselves under the covers.

May or may not stay here again; for the price, it was a good deal except for the temp in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jojomama4
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was a Saturday Columbus Holiday weekend. Hotels from Alburgh to Burlington were full packed / No vacancy signs all over Route 89 . It was frustrating, it was almost 11 pm. I am tired, been driving all day that started @ Delaware. . We found this small motel tried it out even though there was a no vacancy sign on the door. Manager was a gentleman gave us the remaining room availabe. But it was a smoking room. I don't smoke, my wife and my 2 kids doesn't smoke. But at that time there is no way I would let it slip away. It was the best room that i have ever stayed. It was ok , clean towels in the bathroom , shower water pressure was great it was so soothing for my aching back. This motel was a life saver for us. The following morning I found out that they have beautiful trees at the back lot. Took some photos which I am sharing to all travellers in the world...

Room Tip: Next time you travel, book in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped and checked prices at several hotels,, ok the big ones, 300+ $ per night !!! 2 nights is a ticket all in one week in Cuba in a 4 star hotel! Si we see this place, super clean , really freindly front desk, spacious room,, a/c, flatscreen TV, and Free wi-fi !!, the Sheriton (across the street)at 309$ plus tax per wanted. 12$ per for Wi-Fi !!. Took all of 3 mi utes to get checked in lol. Not 300$, not 200$, not 100$, 79$ per !! Thats about 500$ in my pocket for essentially the same thing. Clean, nice, comfortable, simple. Will be back often.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allan603
Reviewed October 2, 2013

It is not fancy. It is good for 1 or 2 nights wile you are sight seeing. It is clean and not far from things. Bring your hair dryer . If you want big hotel, they are down the street, with the big price. Beds are ok, good shower. Just what you need, when you don`t need a lot. Dave the clerk was real good and went out of his way , to help us with any thing we wanted. would stay here again. There is a sports bar you can walk to, with good food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RD W
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

When we first pulled up, I was like "ok this quaint." But then upon entering the room I felt panick stricken! It is verrrrry dated. Talking like faux paneling around the sink dated. But after reading the reviews, I relaxed and accepted it for exactly what it is--it is a clean old motel to sleep in. There are no frills. And however dated, it is well maintained. I spent two nights here in september and upon the thought of another quick trip to burlington this past week, I found myself considering staying there again...and you know what? It was booked! Overall, a really great value. And maybe even a burligton travelers secret.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank CNYgal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
3 mi away
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Ethan Allen Motel? Share your experiences!