“Small Menu - Good Food”

Pascolo Ristorante
Ranked #41 of 247 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving casual, handmade Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Burlington. Menu features fresh pastas, Italian entrees, Neapolitan style pizza from the wood fired oven, antipasti, Wood Mountain Fish seafood, and homemade gelato sundaes for dessert. A killer Italian wine menu complements the casual fare, and Wine Director Alex Moran's list celebrates everything from the subtle and complex wines of Piemonte, to the bold beauties of Italy's Southern regions.
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Visited with my family. Options were to sit outside or venture inside and downstairs. We opted for indoors as it was raining.

Attentive service. Limited menu. Decent sized plates. Good food.

My children ordered off the children's menu and got a personal cheese/sauce pizza and a spaghetti with two meatballs. The personal sized pizza was larger than we expected. The meatballs were larger than golf balls but smaller than baseballs. They were big.

My husband ordered a fire grilled Mount Etna pizza - with pepperoni and red peppers. The menu offers approximately five pizzas with various toppings. You can customize your own pizza, too. Keep in mind, the pizzas are thin crust.

I had pasta with smoked mushrooms and marsala sauce. I thought it was delicious. The portion was perfect. I finished it and was full.

I ordered the tiramisu (with four spoons) for dessert. Disappointed. It was quite small compared to pretty much every restaurant we've ever been to. My children and I swallowed it down in maybe six? bites.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Three of us went, we heard good things about this place. I was impressed with the ambiance, the Moscato wine and there is a good pappardelle smoked mushroom dish but my husband had the braised beef shoulder and my daughter had meatballs and spaghetti, neither was very good. The beef was dry, the meatballs were dry and tasteless. I would go back for the mushroom dish, it was excellent.

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Menu was a bit limited but the food was good. Very nice ambiance. Could not reserve outside seating but our group wanted to be indoors anyway.

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Wine spectator recently rated this Burlington restaurant as having an affordable wine list and found that to be quite tasty. Really enjoyed my pasta dish and the white wines I had sitting out on the sidewalk. My waitress was very prompt in bringing food and service was good although my water glass went empty one time. Papparadelle with sausage was creamy and not too rich. Ordered the side of zucchini and corn and the lemon taste was little overpowering but it was still good and crisply cooked. Would like to go back and try some more wines

Reviewed July 12, 2016

Going to Discover Jazz in Burlington is always fun. The crowds make getting a dinner reservation difficult so we popped into Pascola with our grandsons. We were seated immediately but then needed to wait wait wait. Three small slices of bread came to our table of 4. Presentation of food seemed hurried and unimaginative. My husbands tortellini seemed like a child plate size with no garnish or pizazz. My grandson got the grilled salmon which was really fishy and strong. The vegetable choice on the plate was gloppy at best. I was really surprised at this. I had Caesar salad with anchovies which were Not fishy and were delicious. We have patronized the other restaurants of this Farmhouse group frequently and have loved them. The Guild is off the charts wonderful. I don't think we would waste time here again.