“Delicious homemade pasta”

Pascolo Ristorante
Ranked #41 of 247 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving casual, handmade Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Burlington. Menu features fresh pastas, Italian entrees, Neapolitan style pizza from the wood fired oven, antipasti, Wood Mountain Fish seafood, and homemade gelato sundaes for dessert. A killer Italian wine menu complements the casual fare, and Wine Director Alex Moran's list celebrates everything from the subtle and complex wines of Piemonte, to the bold beauties of Italy's Southern regions.
Reviewed August 22, 2015

Walking around the market place, we found Pascolo's. When we saw "homemade" on the menu we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. I had the pappardelle with mushrooms in a marsala cream sauce. It was delicious. My husband had the gnochi with sausage. It was very light and also delicious. My 14 year-old had a pepperoni pizza--look coal fired and very thin. He was happy. My 10 year-old had the chicken parm off the kids menu. The portion was huge and he loved it. The ambience was rustic and our waitress was very helpful. Would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Craving for some home like meal while we were visiting Burlington Vermont, we headed for Pascolo on Church. Pascolo serves variety of pasta and thin crust wood-oven baked pizzas. Two-types of the pasta are house-made, parpardelle and gnocchi. I opted for the smoked mushroom parpardelle, which is served with marsala cream, rosemary and truffle oil. As I'm writing, I'm still thinking of the texture of the parpardelle - thin, elatic, melting......the hint of truffle oil is just there without overwhelming. My hubby opted for the gnocchi with Italian saugage. WE don't know if the sausage is house-made the taste is just right. The gnocchi...........I will say they are fluffy. As it's and Italian restorante in Vermont, it serves local beer as well as Italian ones.

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Almost everything on the menu appealed to me, and the dishes that my husband and I chose were both excellent. The papardelle with smoked mushrooms was divine. We ate outside and enjoyed the people-watching.

Reviewed August 13, 2015 via mobile

We ended up at the bar to avoid a long wait for a table on a Thursday night. The bar is accommodating. Interesting vibe. The food was delicious but comes in such small portions that we remained hungry on our budget....

Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

Food was ok but spaghetti doesn't fit with seafood. Try linguini.
Service was nice but way too fast. Appetizers weren't finish and main course was already on the table.