“Amazing Updates” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bleu Northeast Seafood

Bleu Northeast Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bleu Northeast Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 239 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Bleu, Chef Doug Paine celebrates the connection of Lake Champlain to the sea by sourcing the finest, freshest quality regional seafood. We network with local and regional farmers, purveyors, and fishermen to source our menus. We strive to source seafood raised in sustainable fisheries, and serve simple, yet sophisticated preparations to present the inherently dramatic and delicious.
Burlington, Vermont
“Amazing Updates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Tried it for the first time since it changed menus and could not have been more pleased! We were surprised to find it so busy on a weekday evening but I absolutely loved my garden tonic while we waited for our table by the window. I hadn't had 2 sips of the drink before the hostess so sweetly brought us to our table. Our waitress was incredibly thoughtful and showed honest interest in the fact that we were celebrating them. I didn't think our blue and greens salad could be topped but the salmon was so well done! While I bet the suggested potato salad was delicious I fully believe my substitution for cheddar mashed potatoes was the way to go. They were the best part of the meal! We genuinely appreciate the fantastic service both in the kitchen and in the front of the house and look forward to the next meal at Bleu!

Fairfield, Vermont
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were looking for a seafood place to eat on our way home from hiking at Quechee Gorge for my Borthday! I searched Trip Advisor for a restaurant and this one popped up with great reviews. We thought we'd try it. We stopped in Sat evening, a little after 5 pm. We weren't exactly dressed for the atmosphere, nor did we have a reservation, but they graciously took us in and seated us. Ashley was our waitress and couldn't have been more hospitable & friendly! My Bday dinner was Wonderful! We both had the Seafood chowder (scallops, flounder, perch, salmon, clams, crisp bacon, chervil). I had the Skillet Seared Scallops (lentils, frisee, smoked almonds, cherry vinaigrette)! My husband had the Open Lobster Ravioli! (1 1/4 # Maine lobster, fennel, squid ink pasta, lemon mascarpone.) Our meals were delicious, as was the dessert: Andrew's Opera Cake: a layered chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate ganache. Oh My!! (Ashley even brought mine with a candle and sang Happy Birthday, quietly, to me! :D Would highly recommend this adorable little restaurant!

• Visited August 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Definitely go...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Congrats to this new restaurant on the scene in downtown Burlington. Everyone at our table ordered two dishes, the halibut with risotto which was fine, but the best at the table was the mushroom pasta with added flounder! Te pasta is made there and so good. I'd go back and order it again! The appetizers we tried were fine, nothing particularly memorable - oysters and calamari. The only big ding for the operations/management side of the restaurant is the incredible lack of training in knowledge by our server Sarah. We are restauranteurs, so we knew to overlook and excuse her complete lack of comprehension of the menu. Please train her so she can explain your fine menu. It will hurt your business if you don't. All in all an enjoyable meal for our party of six!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A-Good-Bite
Burlington, Vermont
“Delish Fried Clams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Fantastic location, great service and the fried clams were stellar! Gourmet but still fabulous, whole bellied and not ONE spec of grit. I'm a new repeat customer. Also enjoyed deconstructed lobster ravioli - Caesar salad was meh. If you like seafood this is a solid choice.

• Visited July 2014
Albany, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a really great meal. Everything was delicious from the mussels to the pepperdalle to the redfish. Even the olives marinated in lemon were great. I wish we had room for the strawberry shortcake with lavender ice cream!

• Visited July 2014