“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel in the right spot. Close to great restaurants on Church Street with a great view of lake Champlain. Room was clean and front desk service went above and beyond. I forgot a few items for my trip and was able to shop at a Macy's that was located almost next door to the hotel.

I would stay here next time in Burlington.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Korean first
New England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location of this Courtyard is good as it's perched overlooking the lake and is on the edge of a busy and interesting downtown, but that is all that is positive about this Marriott property. The room was shopworn with scrapes on the walls and thick dust evident on the sill that 2 pictures sit upon over the desk. The beds were rumpled when we entered the room indicating a poorly trained housekeeping staff. Lumpy pillows. A stark and sterile room. Housekeeping knocking on the door way too early in the morning and disturbing our sleep. This property is clearly not up to Marriott standards and isn't worth the extra money to stay here over other Marriott properties in the area. As an elite rewards member, this Courtyard is a disappointment. It's clear that this hotel gets away with lower standards due to its proximity to the lake and downtown Burlington. Not recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank MaineTravel50
ChristianKuzia, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Harbor, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear MaineTravel50,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your expereince with us. We do strive to provide a clean and relaxing room for our guests, and it is apparent we were not able to provide you with that same expereince for your stay. The items that you mentioned are certainly not up to our standards, and this will surely be reviewed with the Housekeeping team to see why there was a break in our cleaning policies. I would be happy to discuss your expereince further if you wish, please contact me at 802-864-4700, should you like to speak in person. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Regards,
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Location can't be better, Harbour across the street, with walking paths and restaurants. Macy's literally a 2min walk around the corner, and the heart of Church street is a 5minute walk away !Great welcome from staff at check in, so pleasant with constant smiles., made you feel relaxed from the get go ! We took a room with lake view, we requested a higher floor in our comments and it was noticed and honored :) really appreciated that. Got up to our room and the view was humbling, with sunset directly in front. (we are avid hikers of the Adirondacks and it was cool to just sit and admire the beauty of it all through the large window. Good size room, comfy bed, clean and quiet as well. Also loved the live acoustic guitar and double bass/Cello duet that played in the bar/lounge that Friday night. We didn't stay long but all the pieces just fit so well togeather, great atmosphere !

Room Tip: lake view a must ! Great sunsets !
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunrise352
north salem, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for a visit to UVM. We could not have had a better experience (except if were giving a lake view room rather than a courtyard view!). The hotel was right on the shore of Lake Champlain so the view from the restaurant and bar at sunset could not be more beautiful. The location was spectacular...just a few blocks from Church St. where all the shops and restaurants are. The drive to UVM was under a mile. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank merjoe
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I thought the room was ok.. Could be better for the rate. My biggest complaint was the amount of visible dust and that when showering water leaked on to the bathroom floor. Minor things were that the glasses were dirty and for the size of the room it only had a 32" TV.. Easy ck in and out.. We had a limited view but still could view the lake which was nice. I'd stay again

Room Tip: Choose a corner room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristianKuzia, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Harbor, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Msandvp,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us. I will be sure to disucss your comments with our housekeeping staff, to ensure we continue to hold high standards in our guest rooms. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Warm Regards,

New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

The folks at the front desk were very nice. The room overlooked a parking lot. It had cheap fixtures, and was "just ok". For over $200/night, I thought it would be nicer. It was nice to be downtown, and close to all my appointments. However, I think next time I would stay somewhere on the outskirts and just drive in. It wasn't worth the money to me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank MtHopper
Dear MtHopper,

I do apologize that we were not able to meet your expecations during your stay. It is our goal to provide guests with an enjoyable expereince. I would welcome a discussion regarding your stay, to see what areas in which we could approve. I can be reached at 802-864-4700, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Warm Regards,

Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Never actually got to stay here.

Tried to get a room at 5:30 in the morning after a work shift, visiting friends in the city. Walked in alone, tried to book here is how to went down;

I inquired about a room to which Tom at the front desk was totally responsive and friendly - we even exchanged small chat about his home town and mutual people we know. He told me it would be fairly pricey, but given the time I said I understood, and would go check with my friends and be right back up to book! I was so happy to have a room, knowing there were a few events in Burlington that weekend!

Return less than 5 minutes later, with my two friends, all of our luggage, and was like Tom we have a deal - let's book it! And he cowardly goes, "uhh that room is full, we are completely occupied tonight - try Hotel Vermont".

To which I was curious and asked for an explanation - he wouldn't give one, just simply said nope were full - judging the looks of the three of us at the given time. When I asked for his last name so I could call corporate he just kept saying "uhh it's Tom, just Tom". 100% discrimination, after he had been happy to help me book, and then saw us and said absolutely not.

I hold a preferred membership with Marriott Courtyards (Starwood preferred guest) and stay at them all over the country as I travel lengthy distances for business. Never have I once been treated so rudely and flat out discriminated against. I am in the process of filing a claim with Marriott Corporate (to which I know two very higher ups) which they are responding very positively. Tom from Torrington, CT at the front desk, will certainly not be surprised when he is asked for an explanation of this. I also have been in touch with the Burlington Police Department in order to resolve this, and see if this will be considered a discrimination case against us.

I wouldn't waste your time at this Marriott - shocking considering every other Marriott branch I have stayed at, has been great. Must be a fluke in the system. The area is littered with hotels - find a new one if you want to be treated right, and stand up for those who aren't.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank Sarah B
ChristianKuzia, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Harbor, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may speak further.

Warm Reagrds,

Christian Kuzia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Courtyard Burlington Harbor? Share your experiences!