“Great hotel”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Hartford, CT
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great hotel in Burlington. We booked through a third party so we were not able to get a view room overlooking the lake. The girls at the front desk were able to get us a partial view, which was fine. Hotel is very, very clean. Staff helpful and friendly. Room was large and bathroom was clean and big. The drain in our shower was really slow--needed to be flushed. I was standing in 2 inches of water when showering. Late night they have live music in the bar, and it was pleasantly crowded. Quick service, reasonable drink prices. Saw a few people ordering snacks and dinner at the bar. There is a nice lounge with couches and a big TV for sports. Breakfast was great--We only wanted a quick, small bite and they only charged us for what we took from the buffet rather than paying for a full buffet. The parking is a little strange. They charge $8 for self park or $12 for valet upon check in. They gave us two tickets to get out of the garage, but there was no one in the exit booth and the gate was up. Parking is underneath the hotel, dark, not well lit, and we saw a few strange characters down there. There was a guy in dark clothing way over in the corner smoking a cigarette and completely out of view. It struck me as odd. The hotel has a small indoor pool and hot tub. Small fitness area. I did not use either, but they both looked clean and nice. Hotel provides free internet which is great considering the full-on Marriott charges $10! Go figure. Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. Would definitely stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room with a view of the lake. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gofish2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent. We were upgraded to a lake front room and the view was simply spectacular. We were given excellent service. for our anniversary we were given a bottle of Prosecco and a beautiful dish of chocolate covered strawberries. We will certainly stay here the next time we are in Burlington. Thank you for making our weekend so special.

Room Tip: High floor. Lake view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mystic,quebec
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and love the location in Burlington. Staff is super friendly upon arrival and the hotel is clean and comfortable. On this trip, we were upgraded to a lakefront room with a whirlpool tub. It made for a great weekend. The reason I am taking the time to write this late review is that 2 weeks after staying I noticed I couldn't find my running shoes. I had been sick after our weekend getaway so hadn't gone to the gym. I called the hotel and explained the situation, they put me through to housekeeping. Again, I explained my story. Turns out I had left the shoes in the closet of our room and they sent them back to me Fed Express.

When I asked the housekeeper why they hadn't contacted me, she explained that it was the policy to wait for the guest to contact the hotel explaining there could be guests that would not be happy receiving a package in the mail.

I will certainly stay here again on any upcoming trips to Burlington.

Room Tip: Lakefront if you can get it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and would go back. Our room was spacious, with a living area so it felt more like a living room than a hotel room. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had partial view of the lake from our room. A full view is probably beautiful. The location is perfect, only minutes' walk from Church Street or the harbour front. The only thing is the construction. We were there on the weekend when there is no work done, but Monday morning was noisy. I don't know if I would have liked 3 days of that kind of noise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great place to stay while in Burlington. The hotel was a perfect base from which we embarked on college tours at UVM and Champlain. Walking distance to Burlington's happening pedestrian downtown and adjacent to the gorgeous lakefront. Very clean, easy parking and super friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, Vermont
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all, the only reason why I am not giving this property an "excellent" is because of the parking situation. I stayed at this property on a Saturday night, and knew the parking was going to cost $8.00. But when I left on Sunday, the parking garage gates were wide open - parking in the garages in Burlington is free on Sunday. I feel that the hotel should not charge people for parking when they know they wouldn't be required to pay anyways. I was parked in a city-operated garage, yet had to pay the hotel for parking that should have been free?

Other than that, the hotel is great - nice downtown location, 5 minute walk from Church Street and the Burlington Town Center Mall. Very friendly front-desk staff. My room was BEAUTIFUL, and very clean. I was wishing for a real lake view, but the view of the (modern) cathedral next door isn't bad. You could still see the lake if you walk right up to the window.

Breakfast was really good - I loved all of the local products available, including the warm maple syrup!!

I looked at the indoor pool - quite small, but at least they have one!!

Even though I ony live 45 minutes from this hotel, if I ever need to stay in downtown Burlington again, this would be my choice!

Room Tip: Get a lake view room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, a few minutes walk from downtown or lakefront.

I'd give 3.5 starts if such an option were available.

Service is excellent and wifi is free and worked well.

Rooms were just OK, and temp control was whacky.Windows did not open, not that I'd leave them open all night in the 10 F air that we experienced, but I couldn't get the room cool enough, and who wants to run the A/C in Vermont in the winter (I tried, it didn't work anyway).

Also, request an inside room. The Burlington highway department decided to plow about a scoopful of snow in total off the road (it hadn't snowed, they were doing cleanup) from 345-415 AM, waking up the entire outside rooms of the hotel, including banging the scoop on the pavement.

Breakfast buffet is ok, a bit expensive for what's offered. Not much variety from day to day.

If I stay in Burlington again, I might try the Hilton next time, as it's away from the main street.

Room Tip: request an inside room, especially in the winter, to avoid hearing snow plows at 4am.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Courtyard Burlington Harbor? Share your experiences!