“Great Location Service”

Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent. We were upgraded to a lake front room and the view was simply spectacular. We were given excellent service. for our anniversary we were given a bottle of Prosecco and a beautiful dish of chocolate covered strawberries. We will certainly stay here the next time we are in Burlington. Thank you for making our weekend so special.

Room Tip: High floor. Lake view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and love the location in Burlington. Staff is super friendly upon arrival and the hotel is clean and comfortable. On this trip, we were upgraded to a lakefront room with a whirlpool tub. It made for a great weekend. The reason I am taking the time to write this late review is that 2 weeks after staying I noticed I couldn't find my running shoes. I had been sick after our weekend getaway so hadn't gone to the gym. I called the hotel and explained the situation, they put me through to housekeeping. Again, I explained my story. Turns out I had left the shoes in the closet of our room and they sent them back to me Fed Express.

When I asked the housekeeper why they hadn't contacted me, she explained that it was the policy to wait for the guest to contact the hotel explaining there could be guests that would not be happy receiving a package in the mail.

I will certainly stay here again on any upcoming trips to Burlington.

Room Tip: Lakefront if you can get it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and would go back. Our room was spacious, with a living area so it felt more like a living room than a hotel room. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had partial view of the lake from our room. A full view is probably beautiful. The location is perfect, only minutes' walk from Church Street or the harbour front. The only thing is the construction. We were there on the weekend when there is no work done, but Monday morning was noisy. I don't know if I would have liked 3 days of that kind of noise.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great place to stay while in Burlington. The hotel was a perfect base from which we embarked on college tours at UVM and Champlain. Walking distance to Burlington's happening pedestrian downtown and adjacent to the gorgeous lakefront. Very clean, easy parking and super friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all, the only reason why I am not giving this property an "excellent" is because of the parking situation. I stayed at this property on a Saturday night, and knew the parking was going to cost $8.00. But when I left on Sunday, the parking garage gates were wide open - parking in the garages in Burlington is free on Sunday. I feel that the hotel should not charge people for parking when they know they wouldn't be required to pay anyways. I was parked in a city-operated garage, yet had to pay the hotel for parking that should have been free?

Other than that, the hotel is great - nice downtown location, 5 minute walk from Church Street and the Burlington Town Center Mall. Very friendly front-desk staff. My room was BEAUTIFUL, and very clean. I was wishing for a real lake view, but the view of the (modern) cathedral next door isn't bad. You could still see the lake if you walk right up to the window.

Breakfast was really good - I loved all of the local products available, including the warm maple syrup!!

I looked at the indoor pool - quite small, but at least they have one!!

Even though I ony live 45 minutes from this hotel, if I ever need to stay in downtown Burlington again, this would be my choice!

Room Tip: Get a lake view room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, a few minutes walk from downtown or lakefront.

I'd give 3.5 starts if such an option were available.

Service is excellent and wifi is free and worked well.

Rooms were just OK, and temp control was whacky.Windows did not open, not that I'd leave them open all night in the 10 F air that we experienced, but I couldn't get the room cool enough, and who wants to run the A/C in Vermont in the winter (I tried, it didn't work anyway).

Also, request an inside room. The Burlington highway department decided to plow about a scoopful of snow in total off the road (it hadn't snowed, they were doing cleanup) from 345-415 AM, waking up the entire outside rooms of the hotel, including banging the scoop on the pavement.

Breakfast buffet is ok, a bit expensive for what's offered. Not much variety from day to day.

If I stay in Burlington again, I might try the Hilton next time, as it's away from the main street.

Room Tip: request an inside room, especially in the winter, to avoid hearing snow plows at 4am.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel was a little tricky getting to due to construction next door and the street being one way (temporary). Parking signage was terrible both leading in and out.

At breakfast my sister in law told us the cleaning person tried opening the door at 8:15 am on Saturday morning which was annoying. The secondary lock Kept them at bay. As I was sitting in my room at 11 am Saturday morning with the "Do not disturb sign" on the door the same thing happen to me. Which prompted me to write this review.

The hotel is nice but I feel its a little over priced. There are many other choices 1-2 miles outside the town. Food was good Breakfast wasn't to pricey. We had Dinner in town.

Parking signs getting into garage were terrible because of the construction and it's 8 dollars a day. Breakfast was good staff was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Courtyard Burlington Harbor? Share your experiences!