“Top notch vegetarian”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Revolution Kitchen is a very attractive place with gourmet dishes. My wife and I had meals that we normally wouldn't eat. Even though we did not care for them, they were well done and beautifully presented. We will return to the restaurant and try something different.

The service was very good.

Parking can be a problem. I park at a lot at 80 St. Paul's so I don't spend my time driving around Burlington looking for a spot..

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Most of the vegetarian restaurants I've been to are either okay or good. This is truly a notch (or 2) above the rest. I would consider this a very good restaurant by any standards. The dishes were original, tasty (with complex flavors) and interesting. The service was outstanding. They are interested in catering to your every need. It's very busy, so it's better to reserve. Be prepared to wait if you don't have a reservation.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

One of our favorite restaurants. "Nachos" are unbelievable. Love the Vietnamese Salad Rolls as well. For entrees, we highly recommend the stir fry, raviolis and burgers. All uniquely prepared. Friday night we just had dessert (banana cream pie and coconut cream pie) and a glass of rose. You have never had better dessert! Say hi to Deb! Tell her we sent you!

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The locals seem impressed but we were not..

Service was glacially slow. An hour between appetizer and entree? Inattentive wait staff could have reassured us that our dinner was coming but never did so til we asked.

As for the food... Scallion pancakes were OK but the pad Thai was overpowered by duck sauce. Seitan sautée was like meatloaf (and not in a good way). The highly regarded banana cream pie was dense and heavy instead of fluffy and light.

On the plus side... nice decor, open kitchen and interesting eclectic mix of diners.

Dinner for 2 w one glass of Sangria took more than 2 hours and cost $100.

1  Thank Cameron06820
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I made dinner reservations at Revolution Kitchen for my birthday. I tend to eat pretty healthy, and generally avoid gluten and dairy in my diet, so I was intrigued by Revolution's gluten-free and vegan friendly menu options. I'm glad that I made the choice to check them out, the food was amazing! I had read some reviews of people saying that they thought the food was on the bland side, but my boyfriend and I didn't find that to be the case at all. We both cook a lot at home, and love to play around with unique, bold flavors and ingredients, often making dishes inspired by Asian, Indian, or Mexican cuisine. We weren't left with that feeling that we could have easily made something better at home (which I've been left with at some restaurants before and it is a huge bummer). I ordered the Laksa Noodle Pot and my boyfriend ordered one of the Ravioli specials. The only issue we really had was the the ravioli serving was fairly small, though ravioli dishes do often tend to be small in restaurants. I ended up sharing some of my noodles with my boyfriend since there was plenty there for me, and I planned on getting a slice of cake. When the time did come to order dessert I was pleased to find that they had four options that were both vegan and gluten-free. I chose the vanilla maple cake and was blown away by how amazing it was! A truly heavenly experience in that slice of cake.

Essentially it is a fantastic restaurant, run by friendly people, and is a great option for the vegan and gluten-free crowd. The only drawback is that if you are a person with a large appetite you may find some of the dishes to be smaller than you may have preferred, especially given the price per entree ($17-18, which seems to be pretty standard pricing for Burlington restaurants). I would certainly say it is worth checking out though, and I, for one, plan on going back when visiting Burlington in the future.