“Very nice, one of only a few hotel in downtown Burlington” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Vermont
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Ontario
“Very nice, one of only a few hotel in downtown Burlington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice new hotel, and I liked the wood - maybe it was bamboo - floors, and the set up in the room. Separate toilet from the shower, and the doors could be closed or left open as they were sliding. Makes the room seem larger I suppose. Decor was very plain, but nice, no pictures on the walls Very comfortable bed. Only fault, was our room overlooked the parking garage, so if the window coverings were left open, anyone could see in. I prefer open coverings to having to use lights, but it was a bit odd knowing anyone driving or walking by, could easily see in. Coffee in the lobby of each floor was ok, at least you didn't have to go downstairs to get coffee at 6am. Our breakfast was included in the price of the room. Not sure what the cost would have been. Location was good, near the lake where you can go for a nice walk, and close enough to all the downtown areas which are quite walkable. We didn't use the staff much, but one girl did give good directions to get to a food store where we could pick up some fresh food.

1 Thank travelmum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
waterford ct.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I were passing thru and wanted to spend just one night in town. We stopped here first because of some of the reviews here. The front desk offered to show us a room, well it worked. We checked a few other hotels close by that were nice but for a few extra bucks we wanted to stay here. I think the hotel is new and I know that helps but the room decor and the beds and modern bathrooms were perfect for us. Two things, our room overlooked the parking garage, oh well not every room can have a good view and I am sure some of them must. Second is the outdoor patio is nice and has a fire pit with comfortable seating, more seating would help as they fill up quick.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pepperboxtrader
Port Washington, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband, toddler and I stayed at the Hotel Vermobt on one of its busiest weekends...UVM move-in. Whereas we had a good experience overall there were a lot of misses that must be mentioned.

First the good

Location: Close to the waterfront and Echo Center as well as all the restaurants and stores of Cherry Street.

Room: Mostly the room was perfect for us. When I had called to book the reservation Jessica was fantastic. I wanted a separate area for the pack n play so my husband and I could have a conversation after our daughter went to bed. Jessica recommended a room with a foyer and big whirlpool tub. She even went to the room to ensure the foyer, even though not separate, was big enough for the pack and play. The logistics of the room were great. The tub was like a pool for my daughter, the foyer allowed us some separation and there was even a couch for the babysitter to relax on when we went out for one of the nights.

Coffee: There is free Kerig coffee on each floor and if you are up at 6 like us you can also go downstairs to the restaurant to get milk.

The misses:

Staff: Aside from Jessica the staff were beyond not helpful. It was almost comical how they had no knowledge of anything. I would ask about the UVM campus, they couldn't provide or find a map. I asked about the biggest fair in VT they didnt know how to get there. The list goes on and on. They were friendly about not knowing, but it was ridiculous.

Security: We returned early one day and our room was being propped open by a vacuum cleaner so that anyone could walk in, which we did. Housekeeping did not come out to us, acknowledge us, didnt ask who we were. Anyone could have very easily walked in and out of our room with our belongings. When I mentioned this at checkout I was told that the housekeeping staff were Vermont refugees that did not speak English well and were shy. This is a ridiculous response.

Noise: There were a lot of events that included live music that went to 10:30/11. We were one floor above all the festivities and it was as if we were right there. When we checked in and requested a pack and play we should not have been placed over the entertainment suite! Once again Jessica was great in trying to help us when we called that evening, but the place was sold out so we couldn't be moved. We were given a $50 reduction on that nights room fee but this was a very token gesture as we spent a lot of money over four nights to deal w this level of disturbance.

Overall the hotel is nice but as a new hotel the staff needs to be much better trained and many kinks have to be worked out. At this point I would say it is a very poor value for the price.

4 Thank sbeny
Hans v, General Manager at Hotel Vermont, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Vermont and for sharing your Trip Advisor review with us. We very much appreciate your feedback and I am very sorry we were not able to address some of the issues during your stay. Your comments about the inability of our staff to answer your questions as well as the security and noise issues are well taken and are being addressed with all involved.

Although not all of our staff may not be knowledgeable about all details of all activities in the area, a better effort can be made to research these on your behalf, including downloading and printing a map of the UVM campus (a relatively uncommon request, yet should have been addressed in a better manner) as well as directions to the Champlain Valley Fair.

The security issue has been discussed and is being addressed immediately. You are correct: the hotel's challenge in a particular area should be our business and not our guest's.

Finally: as far as the noise concerns. As you indicated this was an extremely busy weekend in Burlington and at our hotel, causing significant traffic and noise caused by unusually busy spaces and events. Admittedly not the ideal weekend for a quiet visit to Burlington and we sincerely apologize for this. Unfortunately the room type Jessica so carefully selected for you to accommodate a space for your toddler has very limited availability, there are only three rooms like it, all in the same location on each floor with the other two rooms one or two floors up already being occupied. We can fully appreciate the difficulties this causes; since you have been in touch directly as well we will contact you to discuss this situation further in more detail.

Finally I would like to thank you for the positive comments as well and I am glad the lay out of the room and the amenities, especially the large jacuzzi tub for your daughter, created a good experience.

On behalf of all of us at Hotel Vermont we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back.

Hans van Wees
General Manager - Hotel Vermont
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have traveled to Burlington to bring our son to college for 4 years now. This was our first stay at the brand new Hotel Vermont. The hotel was beautiful with its natural wood appointments. We stayed in a king room which was very comfortable and quiet. The staff throughout the hotel were excellent!!

Breakfast was a little pricey......

The only thing that bothered me about our room was the sheer, I mean VERY sheer light diffusing shade that covered our large window. No sleeping in here!!! Other than that, we enjoyed our stay very much.

1 Thank Magsad
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Love the concept, unique....minimalist meets Swiss chalet. The rooms have a creative layout. Sink and toilet separate from sink and shower. Each floor has a coffee/tea self serve and filtered water, free. This wasn't a high service hotel, which I am fine with. However, for the price, some may expect more. My only complaint is the price. The view from our room was looking straight into the parking garage. I knew when I booked, but it was still a bit surprising for the price we paid. Overall, I love the concept. If price is not a issue book a room with a view.

3 Thank colnagogirl5400
Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a gorgeous, modern, clean and repurposed hotel.
Loved the simple lines,wood flooring and special Vermont touches. It made me feel eco-friendly just staying here.
Juniper Bar had a innovative farm-to-table menu of local yummies. The service was warm and friendly.
The Hotel Vermont is within viewing distance of Lake Champlain and easy walking distance from Church Street were there is a plethora of good food, shopping & music.
This place is a "must-stay" for anyone visiting Burlington.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wife and I rented the King Suite which was very quaint, clean, small. Service at front is not what one would expect for this priced hotel, neither doorman or front desk checkin were friendly at all. Hilton downtown is a better value in our opinion unless you want to pay for the LEED crap

3 Thank Saltydogs3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington

Been to Hotel Vermont? Share your experiences!