“Bar food quality, which isn't necessarily a bad thing”
Review of Ken's Pizza

Ken's Pizza
Ranked #64 of 239 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bar food quality, which isn't necessarily a bad thing”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is more of a bar that serves food than vice versa, which is just fine. But if you are looking for a traditional pizza spot that isn't more of a bar then this isn't your place. On the other hand, if you are looking for a lively bar area that has tables right behind the bar area, with lots of TVs to watch sports on while you eat, then this isn't a bad choice. It was a fun crowd while we were there with our two kids (13 and 11), but just not what we had in mind for dinner.

It's a tight fit, both in terms of how much space there is in between tables, as well as the size of the tables and chairs themselves. Again, this is a bar scene so no surprises here. The food and pizza were just okay. The pizza was about as bland a pizza flavor as I think I've ever had, and I unfortunately have to consider myself a bit of a pizza connoisseur! But I ate it so that should tell you something about just how bad it really was.....

We ended up having a good time after all, and if I was in the area and looking for this scene I'd be happy to go back here. But a quiet family dinner spot it's not....just bear that in mind.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Burlington, Vermont
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place is a tourist trap. The food is cheap and an embarrassment to the other options available nearby. The restaurant is filthy, the staff is rude and the owner is an awful drunk who treats his employees like garbage. The only reason this place is still in business is because it is in a good location for drawing in tourists who don't know what they're doing.

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank Stephanie A
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good for a quick sandwich, service was fine”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

On a Friday night most tables were empty, and from looking at other tables the pizza didn't look that appealing. I ended up with the Shenandoah (a club sandwich) which was good. Service was fine - it is a large number of teenage girls, but the one I had was attentive and polite. Took less than 10 minutes for the food to come. Would've been nice to have a choice other than Lay's chips but whatever. $10 total for the meal.

• Visited January 2013
mechanicsburg ohio
“The manager and staff was very rude.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Don't waste your money or time with this place. I was not happy with my meal and only are three bites. I was still expected to pay for it even though I sent it all back. The manager was very rude and flat out nasty about working with me. The waitress messed up everyone's order and then left because her shift was over. Then the next waitress had no clue what she was doing. I was very disappointed with this whole experience.

2 Thank uniongirl502
Ottawa, Canada
“Incredibly Rude”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife, 3 yr old daughter and I sat down and had a late lunch here around 3pm. Our waitress was very nice, and so was a gentelman who assisted us a few times - assuming he was the manager on duty at the time.

Then after eating, my wife went shopping for a little bit, my 3 year old coloured and I had some beers while I waited for my wife to return. In that time, the staff changed over. Wow, what a contrast.

The new waitress kept hinting that we should leave without actually saying it, so I kept ordering beers, hoping that it would be sufficient to be a good customer holding a table. Its not like I'm a slow drinker either. And we kept getting dirty looks by an older woman who I figured was the new manager on the floor. Eventually I was asked to pay up, and free up the table. I paid up promptly (including nice tip). But then later explained my situation that I was waiting for my wife and she wouldn't know how to find us if we left, and that sitting at the bar was no good because it was too high for my daughter. The manager came over and she suggested we go next door to a cafe and leave a note at the bar for my wife. Ridiculous. I wanted to keep ordering drinks, and possibly snack food, but they didn't care. And how would my wife know to ask the bartender for a note?

I would have gladly left, but I was in a bit of a bind, and they didn't care whatsoever, despite the fact that I was a paying customer all afternoon. For a place that doesn't have anything more than $10 on the menu, I thought I was doing pretty good racking up a $70 bill in 3 hours, and I wanted to add to it.

I worked as a waiter for 10+ years, and *never* complain or get upset about service, but I was shocked they were so willing to boot me and 3 year old daughter out as we waited for her mom to arrive. How unbelievably petty and money hungry can you be? Not to mention, it was sub-zero (celcius) temperatures, so its not like we could just wait outside.

However, I know this place is right in the middle of a very busy tourist area, so they're business will never suffer because of this review. They simply don't care - and they don't have to. Shameful.

• Visited November 2012