“Great sandwiches, friendly staff”
Review of Top of The Block

Top of The Block
Ranked #127 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stumbled upon this deli counter while walking up the frigid Church Street Marketplace looking for an affordable place to eat lunch. It's right at the top of the street (top of the block-get it?) near the church. There's a strange sort of closed-down interior mall inside. But the deli counter was directly to the right as you entered. The girls working there were very friendly and our food was prepared very quickly. There were multiple specials that day-I got a toasted bread turkey sandwich with stuffing and cranberry mayo (or something like that). It was fantastic-perfect for a cold day! My husband got the Italian, which had lots of meat (pastrami) and cheese and he enjoyed it. They also had soups, which seemed popular. And they're a regular cafe-type place, offering Green Mountain Coffee, tea, and probably other beverages. They also sold baked goods (not baked on the premises)-huge muffins and donuts-as well as candy bars and bottled sodas to take to go. The sandwiches were enormous, making them a great value.

There are newer reviews for Top of The Block

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stopped here each fall - anticipating the Chili. It is the best from Orlando to Montreal. Finally had the chance to thank the owner. Discovered that his twenty plus years on Church street are a credit to his insistence on local fresh produce. Its a little corner worth investigating.

Excellent!!!

1  Thank GiacomoQuebec
Reviewed May 26, 2010

My friend and I stopped off in Burlington on our way to Boston from Montreal. We knew nothing of the town, but managed to stumble upon Top of the Block.

The sandwiches were absolutely incredible. I'm a vegetarian, and the choices were seemingly limitless as far as fresh vegetables went. My friend spoke highly of his club sandwich. I would recommend this to anyone who spends any time in Burlington.

4  Thank ellomanchester