“I like it when it's quiet.”
Review of Three Needs

Three Needs
Ranked #126 of 237 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Seating
Beloit, Wisconsin
“I like it when it's quiet.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited at least 100 times, 2000-2013.

A recent reviewer notes that they've added pizza; the last time I remember drinking at the Needs, that was still in the future. My biggest gripe about the place, frankly, is that they never had any food whatsoever over the whole time I lived in Vermont, despite a law stating that bars had to serve food. I think maybe they sold little bags of chips - I guess that counted. But I know a lot of people don't mind that, so on to the rest...

If you've ever visited at Duff Hour (5-6 pm or so - or rather, any time after 5 on a weekday) at the old location, and you keep coming back, you must like the sardine feeling. I didn't, so I was much happier coming on the weekend when the crowd was much smaller. I don't think I've ever seen it packed in the new space, which is at least 3 times bigger, but it still draws respectable numbers. The beer varied tremendously in quality over the years - the best period was near the end of JT's reign as brewmaster. Now of course it's just a bar, so I'd recommend getting the rarer local taps - they typically have a Trapp and a Fiddlehead (or did in April anyway) - also look out for Lawson's and especially Hill Farmstead if they ever get it in. The atmosphere is still laid back, and the bartending is still generally fine. I'm sure I'll make a return on my next visit to the Queen City.

• Visited April 2013

Burlington, Vermont
“My kids give it a total thumbs up.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

All I ever hear are good things about three needs. (I think it was also rated as "best bar" or something like that in 7 Days). I have never visited so I am rating in based on my twenty-something children who constantly rave about it and tell me I should join them some night.

Visited July 2013
Branchville, New Jersey
“Good Beer Selection”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped by as part of our brewery tour only to find out that the brewery was shut down. We stayed for a couple beers and to hang out for a while. We had a great conversation with two of the bartenders and tried a couple beers from the extensive beer list.

• Visited July 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“beer!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great atmosphere and the beer selection was great.
One of my favorite beers is Magic Hat Single Chair and it was on tap so I was very very happy!!
Check this place out!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank patrickim
“Hands down the best bar on Pearl”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What are your three needs in life? The needs have been a staple to Burlington's downtown life sense it opened. In the past two years it's changed a lot. They have a new location that's much bigger. Unfortunately there not currently brewing in the new location but I've been told that they will eventually. They did just add a pizza oven and are selling slices.

Visited April 2013