“great!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 20, 2006

This place rocks! They have the best coffee in town and the "bucket'o'spuds" is my favorite. The wait is looong so put your name in and go browse Borders Book Shop for an hour or so. Try not to sit at the counter because the service is not so great there. Ask for the little blond waitress with the leather apron. She's the best! They also feature local artist's work (and you can buy it while your there).

3  Thank bergam0t

Reviewed July 25, 2006

My husband and I stayed in Burlington for a week and ate breakfast at the Penny Cluse Cafe most days. Everything was delicious: eggs, fresh-squeezed orange (tangerine?) juice, fruit, gingerbread pancakes, yogurt. Service was good, the restaurant is very clean. They served lunch also, but we were always so full from the big breakfasts that we didn't eat lunch!

4  Thank Arlene A
Reviewed June 14, 2006

My husband and I were returning to San Diego and had quite a few hours to spare in Burlington. We decided to go to the Penny Cluse Restaurant because we had read a very positive review on it. A rainy day - long lines - we were told it would be about 1/2 hour and got seated within 15 minutes. Once seated, away from the bustle of incoming patrons, everything seems to quieten down. The atmosphere of the room comes to life. Breakfast was wonderful - could easily share it. Quality ingredients; excellent flavor; healthy eating. The fresh squeezed tangerine juice had citrus popping in your mouth. Will definitely go back to this restaurant on our return to this city.

8  Thank iracansue
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis
Reviewed June 9, 2006

We came to Burlington to visit family who have been here for about a year. I like to use TripAdvisor as well as tips from the "locals" to find neat places to eat that my folks have never been to. Penny Cluse Cafe made that list...they had never been because of the long waits but I insisted....nothing else to do on a rainy day. The wait was 59 minutes,,,,the hostess said it would be an hour. One of our party of four stayed posted at the waiting area (not required) while the rest of us strolled Church Street. The menu has a good variety of breakfast and luch selections...many containing ingredients not found elsewhere. The food was fresh...i would bet that some of it was "organic." The food was a little to healthy for my party but I found it refreshing from the normal venues. If you like good food go......if you like Denny's, dont' go!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 13, 2006

I just had brunch there this morning. Penny Cluse has great food and a nice, open atmostsphere. I highly recommend it!

2  Thank RTWtraveler