“Nice place with great potential!”

Halvorson's Upstreet Cafe
Ranked #81 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Halvorson's is a nice little place with great potential! Six of us visited this past weekend while walking around Burlington.

Our food was pretty good.

Personally, I find the atmosphere to be great in this little cafe. The atmosphere is warm with a lot of wood and a beautiful, little marble-topped bar. They have nice little tables all throughout the place. Although the place is indeed clean, the perfectionist in me sees amazing potential if this place was really cleaned up... sand all the woodwork, new finish (including floors), pay attention to the small details. But, don't get me wrong, this place is a nice little quaint cafe right on Church Street.

The service was a bit of a problem. Just seating us seemed to take much longer than it should. I don't know what took so long to seat us because the place was mostly empty. I think there were only three tables taken at the time throughout the entire restaurant. Our server seemed a bit under-trained and not ready to be working on his own which might account for how long it took to seat us. He did try, however, and this made up for the seemingly lack of training.

Nice place and good food... We had a good time and plan to visit again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our first stop in the beautiful city of Vermont. We had a delicious lunch and I had a luscious white sangria with my dish. The waitress was nice to my kids and me. The interior is beautiful. The food was good.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went here after walking around Burlington. Both of us ordered a sandwich and I have a local pint of ale. Food was very good and portion size was large for my tastes.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at this place on a Sunday evening. We were a party of six including three children. There were alternatives in the menu for all of us. All the dishes tasted good. The highlight was the clam chowder. I rated the food with a 4 just because my daughter ordered the Taco salad and the fried tortilla where it was served was greasy. Inedible for somebody on a healthy diet. The fish and chips was excellent. Big portion and cheap price.

1  Thank golflover26
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had the most horrendous experience with this restaurant. It has extremely poor service. we had to wait over 25 min for a waiter to approach our table. I wouldn't even recommend this place to my enemy. It's pretty much a disgrace for church street.

2  Thank zebrra