“Excellent alternative for families”

Halvorson's Upstreet Cafe
Ranked #97 of 241 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at this place on a Sunday evening. We were a party of six including three children. There were alternatives in the menu for all of us. All the dishes tasted good. The highlight was the clam chowder. I rated the food with a 4 just because my daughter ordered the Taco salad and the fried tortilla where it was served was greasy. Inedible for somebody on a healthy diet. The fish and chips was excellent. Big portion and cheap price.

1  Thank golflover26

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had the most horrendous experience with this restaurant. It has extremely poor service. we had to wait over 25 min for a waiter to approach our table. I wouldn't even recommend this place to my enemy. It's pretty much a disgrace for church street.

2  Thank zebrra
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The cheese plate was great and it came with warm toasted bread. The meatloaf and mashed potatoes were perfect for the frigid cold outside. The presentation was nice and the service was great. It was a great evening.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Love the food, the surroundings. Do wish the bathroom was wheelchair accessible however - I should have them lose a point for this but I'm still going there after all these years, I simply love the place and the food.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food and drinks here are varied, well prepared, and for downtown Burlington, reasonably priced. But every Thursday night is very special, with assortments of the area's best jazz musicians assembling as "Friends of Big Joe Burrell" to play fantastic music, with no cover charge.