“Stopped in for a few beers”

Vermont Pub & Brewery
Ranked #31 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stopped here while hitting the area breweries. It was OK. I did not eat here. The staff was very friendly but the beers were not what I expected. They had one or two that were OK but I was not in love with any of them. There is much better beer brewed in the area.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I are always interested in trying different craft beers from local breweries and since we were in the area thought we would stop in. My burger was excellent - made with local farm raised cattle and served with blue cheese from a local dairy farm. Definitely a good choice supporting local Vermont farmers. However, my husband had the bangers and mash and thought it was very tasteless. The atmosphere was okay, being that it was a pub. Good choice for a brew and a burger.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

nothing great. This is the place that microbrewing started in Burlington with Greg Noonan, and should be visited just out of respect if nothing else. The beers - to me - at this point are good, but nothing special. A couple year ago I went and got a snifter of their Tulach Leis special brew which at that time was one of the ten most astounding beers i've ever tasted. This time apparently it is a regular on the beer menu and it smelled and tasted like glue...and not the kind you used to eat in grade school. Very vinegary.
The food was solid - burgers, chicken fingers and fries were what we got....and it was good. I would certainly go there again but it isn't a knock your socks off place. Service was slightly slow to just fine, pleasant people; manager stopped by to see how things were, good ambience. Try it and decide for yourself. The other beers were good as well, again only one was what I would call 3 or 4 star - the Dogbite Bitter.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Not impressed with the variety of beer. Service was good but some of our beers tasted flat. No one really cared for the kinds of beer we tried. It is nice to try some of their new concoctions though. Unfortunately I didn't like the blueberry sour beer.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My partner and I had a wonderful meal last night at the Vermont Pub & Brewery. The salad was fresh, the food was delivered hot (always a disappointment when it's just warm, but not here, it was hot off the stove), and it was tasty and delicious. I loved the VPB beer I ordered - I think it was "Blustry Irish" or something like that. Refreshing. Our wait person, Alexx, asked me what I was looking for, recommended it, and it was just what I wanted.

I thought the staff was friendly, the manager interested and the food very good. We'll definitely return.

Thanks, Alexx.