“Much Better then Pub Food”

Vermont Pub & Brewery
Ranked #45 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had an excellent dinner with my son and two of his college buddies. Service was prompt and dinner very good. Sheppard's pie was excellent and very filling. We split the fries with gravy and cheese, their choice, and the onion rings as an appetizer. The four of us had dinner, I had two excellent Irish reds, and we got under 70.00 with tip. All agreed dinner was very good and more then enough to fill up three hungry college students. I will return.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great burgers, great service. I like my burgers well done and this was prepared perfectly, not dry. The wait staff was great, loved the outdoor eating area.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Isolate case ???

Last saturday, me and my girlfriend sit on terrace of this brewery, as may other people. People was eating and drink, so it will be pleasant to eat and drink there, so we sit.

Well no service coming to table. Gone to see the person at the entrance and she tell me that I need to order, drink and meal at the bar. Well O.K it was so nice outside, and everybody out seem happy. So I go to the bar after the person at the entrance gave us a menu, and tried to order food and beer.

Well it was seem that I disturb the waitress there (probably she got more work because the terrace was open ???) so tried to order, ordered beer, and when I tried to ordered meals, well I can't take the plate and go outside with it (probably more work to bring the dishes back ?????), I got to eat Inside and well some other people got food outside and eat ???? Nothing work so she keep the beer and me and my girlfriend go somewhere else, pissed off for sure.

If I was the owner of the place I understand that's a lot of profit go in the ditch by this kind of attitude.

One isolate case of a frustrated person who saw more work , I don't know.

If it was in Québec, the waitress was probably fired.

Horrible service.

1  Thank achevalier2
Reviewed March 25, 2013

There are probably better restaurants in Burlington for folks who aren't looking for designer beer, While portions were generous and prices reasonable, the food wasn't exceptional (I had grilled salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, with steamed broccoli). A fellow diner ordered a stout along with our dinner order and when she inquired about it 30 minutes later (after our meals had arrived) she was told that the bartender was backed up. Probably a great place for beer and appetizers or snacks.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had just got to Burlington and we were hungry and thirsty. We sat at the bar here and were ignored for about 15 minutes. The bartenders were not overly friendly and acted like the didn't care that we were there or had been waiting. Even though the food and beers were good they were a little overpriced and I didn't like the bristliness of the servers. We didn't go back.