TripAdvisor
Burlington
Post
Inbox
Search

“Nice outside seating overlooking the lake.”

Shanty On The Shore
Ranked #36 of 265 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant located on Burlington's waterfront. We specialize in the freshest seafood but also offer burgers, steaks, and vegetarian items. We have Burlington's only raw bar and the best views of Lake Champlain. Come on in, we look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed August 25, 2019

This restaurant has been established here for decades. We dined here today for lunch. It was a beautiful sunny day. There were many tables outside with umbrellas for shade, or not. The service was excellent. The menu was pretty extensive, but pricey. Our food was good. I had the fish tacos $18. It had too much sauce on it, but was tasty. I would have prefered baked or grilled fish to the deep fried. The french fries were good because they were piping hot and not salty. My husband ordered the lobster roll $22. I would go back for the view and relaxed atmosphere, and temper my expectations on the food.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (601)

Reviewed August 13, 2019

Service was excellent.Great choice of menu. Mainly a seafood restaurant but caters to all tastes. I had the chicken wrap which was superb. I don't know the price range as I was treated lunch.

Reviewed August 11, 2019

We went for lunch today. Very pricey and the food was ok lobster tasted very bland like frozen lobster..haddock tasted just as bland.. from french fries were frozen..best part of meal was the coleslaw..

Date of visit: August 2019
kim g, Manager at Shanty On The Shore, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Hello there, thanks for leaving us this feedback. We are sorry to hear your meals were not up to your expectations, as we take great pride in the fresh meals we serve to our guests. We do hope you decide to give us another chance in the future!

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

I hadn’t been back to the Shanty since they remodeled. It is nice and outdoor seating is great. We had lunch with two fried clam plates, a planko fish sandwich and fried shrimp and scallops. All food was great. Prices are a bit high for lunch and the waiter struggled a bit but all was fine. We will return.

Reviewed August 7, 2019

Went to the Shanty last Saturday night and loved their new renovation. Food was fantastic and timely.. The best part was our waitress Mia, attentive, but not overbearing. Spoke slowly and Clearly so a Senior Citizen like us coiuld undrstand.