“Seafood Delight!”

Ranked #36 of 251 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant located on Burlington's waterfront. We specialize in the freshest seafood but also offer burgers, steaks, and vegetarian items. We have Burlington's only raw bar and the best views of Lake Champlain. Come on in, we look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed December 17, 2018

We were directed to Burlington Yacht Club by an old mariner we met in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, looking for calamari. We didn't find the yacht club, but we found the Shanty, and were pleasantly surprised. The calamari was very good! The atmosphere, wait staff, food and experience was wonderful. The weather was cold, wet and dreary, but The Shanty was bright and a delightful place to go

Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to a nice meal with our good friends.
Having been there numerous occasions over the years knew there was excellent food.
This time though there were 4 obnoxious loud clients in the restaurant,we had to move but our evening was ruined.
When I asked the gentlemen at the door to be moved he smiled and said yes very loud and another snickered in the corner.
Management did nothing about it and most likely lost future clients.

Date of visit: November 2018
kim g, Owner at Shanty On The Shore, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact us at info@shantyontheshore.com so we can further look into and discuss the situation. Thank you.

Reviewed November 16, 2018

I really enjoyed the meal I had at the Shanty on the Shore. I had the clam chowder and a lobster roll. The clam chowder was listed as one of the ten best in New England. I think that would only be true if they excluded Massachusetts, Maine and Rhode Island from New England for even though the cream based soup had a nice flavor it was lacking in my opinion in having that slightly seafood taste in the broth that a really good chowder possesses, and I also didn't find that there was an overabundance of clams. I have have had better chowders but this was certainly tasty and warmed me up on a cold day. The view of Lake Champlain is magnificent. The place could have less stellar food and still draw a crowd but fortunately the food is good. I found the lobster roll to be filled with top quality lobster and it was worth the price on the menu. My friend who dined with me had shrimp scampi which stated jumbo shrimp and they were accurate in that description. Large, plump shrimp were plentiful and she loved her meal. I would definitely return if I was ever in the area again. Great place for a special meal, for vacation, if you're craving seafood or just to have a terrific meal and relax while in a beautiful setting.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

We were looking for some great seafood and found a fun place to eat here. The seafood was delicious and the staff so helpful.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

This seafood favorite is a great experience! The food is always awesome, the place is always hopping, and it’s an unforgettable good time! Family friendly and authentic!