“Comfortable and well maintained seafood establishment.”

Shanty On The Shore
Ranked #36 of 248 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant located on Burlington's waterfront. We specialize in the freshest seafood but also offer burgers, steaks, and vegetarian items. We have Burlington's only raw bar and the best views of Lake Champlain. Come on in, we look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed November 16, 2018

I really enjoyed the meal I had at the Shanty on the Shore. I had the clam chowder and a lobster roll. The clam chowder was listed as one of the ten best in New England. I think that would only be true if they excluded Massachusetts, Maine and Rhode Island from New England for even though the cream based soup had a nice flavor it was lacking in my opinion in having that slightly seafood taste in the broth that a really good chowder possesses, and I also didn't find that there was an overabundance of clams. I have have had better chowders but this was certainly tasty and warmed me up on a cold day. The view of Lake Champlain is magnificent. The place could have less stellar food and still draw a crowd but fortunately the food is good. I found the lobster roll to be filled with top quality lobster and it was worth the price on the menu. My friend who dined with me had shrimp scampi which stated jumbo shrimp and they were accurate in that description. Large, plump shrimp were plentiful and she loved her meal. I would definitely return if I was ever in the area again. Great place for a special meal, for vacation, if you're craving seafood or just to have a terrific meal and relax while in a beautiful setting.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We were looking for some great seafood and found a fun place to eat here. The seafood was delicious and the staff so helpful.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

This seafood favorite is a great experience! The food is always awesome, the place is always hopping, and it’s an unforgettable good time! Family friendly and authentic!

Reviewed October 29, 2018

By good fortune, upon arrival a bit early for lunch, we were shown to a table by the window overlooking Lake Champlain. Within fifteen minutes all other window tables and the next row back were full.
Looking over the lake, we could see Juniper Island in the distance.
The server was a local with good knowledge of the area. We had the cajun salmon sandwich and were very happy. Big, delicious, and reasonably priced.
Being early, parking was easy but one might have to park on the street once the restaurant is busy.
We would definitely recommend The Shanty on the Shore should you find yourself in Burlington, Vt.

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch! The clam chowder was the best, really is award winning. The shrimp cocktail was so fresh, and the service and atmosphere is terrific.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Shanty On The Shore? Share your experiences!