“We visited Shanty on the Shore for lunch and were glad we did.”

Shanty On The Shore
Ranked #36 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant located on Burlington's waterfront. We specialize in the freshest seafood but also offer burgers, steaks, and vegetarian items. We have Burlington's only raw bar and the best views of Lake Champlain. Come on in, we look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed October 29, 2018

By good fortune, upon arrival a bit early for lunch, we were shown to a table by the window overlooking Lake Champlain. Within fifteen minutes all other window tables and the next row back were full.
Looking over the lake, we could see Juniper Island in the distance.
The server was a local with good knowledge of the area. We had the cajun salmon sandwich and were very happy. Big, delicious, and reasonably priced.
Being early, parking was easy but one might have to park on the street once the restaurant is busy.
We would definitely recommend The Shanty on the Shore should you find yourself in Burlington, Vt.

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch! The clam chowder was the best, really is award winning. The shrimp cocktail was so fresh, and the service and atmosphere is terrific.

Reviewed October 21, 2018

A group of six for dinner. Everyone loved the food, the mixed drinks were a little "off", overall experience was very good though.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the good fortune to pick this restaurant for a recent lunch. Our server greeted us immediately, answered our questions of menu items and did a fine job setting the stage for a good lunch.
We both had the seafood platter and it could not have been better. The best of non greasy seeming fried seafood. The clams melted in my mouth and the shrimp and haddock were superb.

All this while enjoying a wonderful lake view. We will be sure to visit here next time we are in Burlington.

1  Thank murraysig
Reviewed October 16, 2018

We stopped into Shanty On The Shore for lunch during a recent October trip to Burlington. It was a cool but sunny day so we sat outside on the deck. Service was good and we enjoyed soaking up what sun that there was. I had the Famous Fish and Chips which I thought was pretty damn good. It was the biggest piece of Panko Breaded Haddock I had ever seen--I couldn't finish it all and I am a good eater. My partner had a seafood dish--I think it was the Shrimp and Scallops--which she enjoyed as well. We split a bowl of the Famous Clam Chowder, which was also quite tasty. Overall a pretty good lunch. Would probably go back.