“Best Seafood Around”

Ranked #36 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant located on Burlington's waterfront. We specialize in the freshest seafood but also offer burgers, steaks, and vegetarian items. We have Burlington's only raw bar and the best views of Lake Champlain. Come on in, we look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the good fortune to pick this restaurant for a recent lunch. Our server greeted us immediately, answered our questions of menu items and did a fine job setting the stage for a good lunch.
We both had the seafood platter and it could not have been better. The best of non greasy seeming fried seafood. The clams melted in my mouth and the shrimp and haddock were superb.

All this while enjoying a wonderful lake view. We will be sure to visit here next time we are in Burlington.

1  Thank murraysig

Reviewed October 16, 2018

We stopped into Shanty On The Shore for lunch during a recent October trip to Burlington. It was a cool but sunny day so we sat outside on the deck. Service was good and we enjoyed soaking up what sun that there was. I had the Famous Fish and Chips which I thought was pretty damn good. It was the biggest piece of Panko Breaded Haddock I had ever seen--I couldn't finish it all and I am a good eater. My partner had a seafood dish--I think it was the Shrimp and Scallops--which she enjoyed as well. We split a bowl of the Famous Clam Chowder, which was also quite tasty. Overall a pretty good lunch. Would probably go back.

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has great food, good selection of beer and a fantastic view.

The service was average but the fish tacos and fish sandwich are great choices.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

We chose the Shanty on the Shore because it was a block away from our apartment. Frankly that’s the only thing it had going for it because it was disappointing. It had an end-of-season feel to it both in the ambience and the service. The food was mediocre although my wife enjoyed her salmon more than I did the, twice as expensive, seafood platter. The latter consisted of bland scallops, overcooked prawns and tasteless salmon. The server was pleasant enough but gave the impression that she just wanted us to pay the bill so that she could clear up and go home. When we asked for the bill, she produced it immediately from her back pocket - clearly our time was up. We left to a resounding silence - there was nobody around and it was only 9:25pm. Never again.

Date of visit: October 2018
kim g, Owner at Shanty On The Shore, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your visit with us, Keith. We do close at 9 PM which is why the restaurant was quiet when you left, but we never want to make our guests feel rushed, and we apologize if the promptness of your server created this impression. We hope that you will consider joining us again in the future, so that you are able to see your experience is not consistent with the norm for our restaurant.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a table overlooking Lake Champlain and the sunset was spectacular with reflections off the lake before it disappeared behind the Adirondacks. Cocktails before our meal were a nice treat, a cup of clam chowder was yum, shrimp tacos were tasty and shared the Key Lime tart. Our server was very obliging and helpful. Would go again for the spectacular view!