“Wonderful seafood dinner overlooking the lake.”

Shanty On The Shore
Ranked #36 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant located on Burlington's waterfront. We specialize in the freshest seafood but also offer burgers, steaks, and vegetarian items. We have Burlington's only raw bar and the best views of Lake Champlain. Come on in, we look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We had a table overlooking the lake, which was very nice. In summer, seating on the deck would be fabulous. My husband and I both had clam chowder, which came with cole slaw and a roll. All were well prepared and very tasty. We also both had scallops and shrimp au gratin, with a baked potato for me and fries for him. This was very flavorful. The broth was very thin, which was not what we were expecting – I wish I would have kept my soup spoon - but it was delicious. Our waitress was very attentive and brought us to-go soup containers so we could take the leftovers without spilling them.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

I took my grandson here last night when I was in town. He is a freshman at UVM and LOVES lobster! I thought it would be a nice special treat for a kid who lives in a college dorm. I was right. Not only were the lobsters fresh and delicious but the waiter was prompt, polite and friendly. We sat close to the window on the side of the restaurant facing the lake and were just in time to see a spectacular sunset over the water and the Adirondack Mountains. That alone was worth the visit! Definitely a perfect experience. Thank you, Shanty On The Shore!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting Burlington and wanted a nice, relaxing evening with some cocktails and good seafood. Upon entering this restaurant, we sat at the bar and had a couple drinks, the two bartenders were excellent and we had great conversation. Then we were seated and we had an excellent location right along the windows overlooking the lake. Our waitress was very prompt and cheerful and was delightful. But, that’s where it all starts to fall apart. We ordered some clam chowder as an appetizer and it came right away, but one minute later both of our entrées came. I don’t know about you, but I like to take my time and not be rushed and I didn’t like the entrées coming at the same time as the appetizer. My wife had clam strips and they were OK, nothing special. They were lukewarm and a little bit tasteless. I had the fried shrimp and scallops and they were OK, but again they were nothing special. The bartenders and the waitress were the hit of the evening, but the food was so-so.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The food was great but the view of Lake Champlain was phenomenal. I had the broiled scallops, shrimp, and salmon. Definitely worth a visit

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The ambiance is lovely...the meals were generally good although my shrimp scampi had over cooked pasta which made the whole dish a little mushy. The steamed clams were good but the scallion-filled birth wasn’t very flavorful. My husband didn’t like that there were breadcrumbs on the Mac and cheese side dish and broiled seafood platter. The service was fine and the overall experience was nice.

Date of visit: September 2018