“Great Service, Average Food”

Shanty On The Shore
Ranked #36 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant located on Burlington's waterfront. We specialize in the freshest seafood but also offer burgers, steaks, and vegetarian items. We have Burlington's only raw bar and the best views of Lake Champlain. Come on in, we look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting Burlington and wanted a nice, relaxing evening with some cocktails and good seafood. Upon entering this restaurant, we sat at the bar and had a couple drinks, the two bartenders were excellent and we had great conversation. Then we were seated and we had an excellent location right along the windows overlooking the lake. Our waitress was very prompt and cheerful and was delightful. But, that’s where it all starts to fall apart. We ordered some clam chowder as an appetizer and it came right away, but one minute later both of our entrées came. I don’t know about you, but I like to take my time and not be rushed and I didn’t like the entrées coming at the same time as the appetizer. My wife had clam strips and they were OK, nothing special. They were lukewarm and a little bit tasteless. I had the fried shrimp and scallops and they were OK, but again they were nothing special. The bartenders and the waitress were the hit of the evening, but the food was so-so.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The food was great but the view of Lake Champlain was phenomenal. I had the broiled scallops, shrimp, and salmon. Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The ambiance is lovely...the meals were generally good although my shrimp scampi had over cooked pasta which made the whole dish a little mushy. The steamed clams were good but the scallion-filled birth wasn’t very flavorful. My husband didn’t like that there were breadcrumbs on the Mac and cheese side dish and broiled seafood platter. The service was fine and the overall experience was nice.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

We came here in April looking for a place to have drinks on the lake. We found at that point there was no bar, but renovations were getting done. The waitress was completely fine with us sitting at a table for a few beers. We decided to come back to eat when we returned in September and found the place finished with renovations. There is a nice new bar area as well as a nice deck to eat out on. The food was very good and I got my fried seafood fix. One thing that I will mention is the menu posted on trip Advisor is different then the menu at the restaurant. We asked the waitress and she told us they changed the menu when they finished renovations. My husband was looking for a surf and turf and found that they no longer offered it.

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

This is a must visit if you like sea food. The portions are HUGE and well priced. We had the lobster bisque, garden salad, and lobster roll. This was by far the best lobster we’ve ever had! So many options on the menu just plan to share because we could barely finish all the food we ordered!

1  Thank Lisa S