“Delicious!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Pine
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I read derogatory reviews of this place as well as excellent ones here. My impression was that the food is excellent and prepared with care with every intention of this being as authentic an experience as possible. Service was a bit slow and lacking in attention, but highly a knowledgable about the food and it's preparation.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We arrived at 1pm and i guess it was too late because the restaurant was empty ! They served us right away BUT the dumplings they served us were cold and hard ! I never had steamed dumplings that were cold and hard like this ! I felt like we were getting left overs from previous tables . The next plates that came were the same . Barely warm , doughy and not very apetizing . A group walked in maybe 5 -10 min after us and they got the plates we refused . Very disapointed

3  Thank steph_turc
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Single Pebble is widely regarded as one of the best Asian Restaurants anywhere in the US. The last couple times we have been there the food has seemed to be heavier on the salt and spice than usual. Great drafts- local stuff.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

First time here, following recommendations from several trusted friends. I may just have wanted this to be really good. It's a great location right in Burlington. We were greeted right away and seated. The tables all have a twirly lazy susan to facilitate sharing of dishes (the only other time I have seen this was in Beijing, so a good sign). The mock eel was great, hands down a fun, flavorful dish. The chilled chicken app was pretty good too. The rest of the food was not great though. Fried rice was fine, but nothing special and a bit bland. The lemony shrimp was better than the scallops, but both were a little ...gloppy? The funky thickness of the sauce was just a bit off. To be fair, we stayed away from the pork, beef, chicken as they marinate in sauces that have gluten. These dishes could be amazing, we did not get to them. The waitress knew her stuff, but I always think it's a bit funky when they greet the neighboring table with EXACTLY the same pitch you got. Always makes things seem robotic and not really conversational or personal. Could be just my pet peeve. All this said, you probably won't get better Chinese in the Burlington area.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Single Pebble continues to be a favorite. I went with my friend from San Juan who would come just for Single Pebble. The service was perfect. All the dishes we ate were vegetarian. The dried, fried green beans were delicious as was the Tangerine Chicken. I had both the veggie and non-veggie options. Both are wonderful. The Buddha Sesame Beef is always a highlight (this is not beef, but seitan). Start with the Scallion Pancakes. Order all the above and thank me later.