“Terrific place for large...”
Review of A Single Pebble

A Single Pebble
Reserve with OpenTable
A Single Pebble is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Diner, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Pine
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Terrific place for large groups. Go for the all-you-can-eat lunch, a definite bargain.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
There are newer reviews for A Single Pebble

Reviewed July 11, 2008

I eat Chinese food with great frequency in NYC, SF and Vancouver. I have had great authentic Chinese food and great Americanized Chinese food. This was neither, just plain mediocre.

I went on two occasions and sampled about 12 dishes. A consistent theme among them was poor seasoning. Several entrees were salted to the point of being inedible (and I LOVE salt). The soups were ok, but under or inappropriately seasoned. The dumplings were generic.

The best dish I had was the Peking Duck appetizer, which was genuinely good, though the pancakes were not the kind that would have been used traditionally in China.

Being from NYC, I did not find the Single Pebble to be particular expensive. Just all together boring and mediocre. The service lacked polish and efficiency, but did not lack that classic "Holier then though arent you luck to have us" Burlington attitude. I guess if you are craving Chinese and can't wait to get back to civilization, this is the place to go in Burlington.

1  Thank prosen2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 19, 2008

A good place to eat. I would like to try a second time and see it the experience is any different.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I'm spoiled by amazing chinese restaurants in Philly, but this place was pretty good. I don't think there's a better chinese restaurant in Burlington, but if I only had 2 nights this wouldn't be my first choice in town for dinner.

1  Thank exchelente
Reviewed May 10, 2008

After seeing the reviews while traveling the North East, we just had to go....However I can only say how completely and utterly UNDERWHELMING the food was compared to the hype.
I really cannot understand why people raved so much about this place because all the food was over-salted and underspiced.
We tried the mock eel, the joke was on us!! Soy sauce drenched shitakes topped off in the deep fat frier..mmmmmm
The red oil chicken was meant to be the spiciest thing on the menu, I've had spicier bowel movements.
The venue and staff were great...just a little perplexed when we left a mountain of uneaten food and passed on desert.
Foodies or no foodies...i get much better take outs than this