“Excellent Authentic Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Single Pebble

A Single Pebble
Reserve with OpenTable
A Single Pebble is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 239 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Pine
Burlington, Vermont
“Excellent Authentic Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant that serves authentic Chinese food. Everyone we interacted with was polite, helpful, and happy. Their customer service was outstanding, but you get the feeling the staff truly enjoyed working there and helping their patrons. This is not the typical American Chinese, so don't expect that when you go. It is a little on the pricy side, but the experience and food are well worth it. We have eaten here about 10 times, and have yet to be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012

Westford, Vermont
“Sorry, but I want to eat my food warm.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

They boast "family style" service, which basically means you get your dishes whenever they get around to them. My husband and I each ordered a meal and a side of garlic green beans to share with our meals. They brought the green beans first, then ten minutes later my husband's meal came out, then we had to wait another ten minutes for my meal. When the waitress explained that we were supposed to share our dishes when they came out, I pointed out to her that I did not like the dish my husband ordered, which is why I ordered something different. And the green beans were ordered as a a side dish, not an appetizer. A shame, I liked the atmosphere, but they need a chef who knows how to time the dishes to arrive together.

• Visited March 2012
Bellingham, WA
“Very Accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We didn't have a reservation and they were busy, but still got us a seat. The food was great. Service was on the mark. Staff was polite. Atmosphere was good. Not greasy like some Chinese food. I'd take a date back here.

Gansevoort, New York
“Great little restaurant...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love going here to have some authentic food. The service is great and I love the atmosphere. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a romantic little spot.

Visited September 2012
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
“not your typical Chinese restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

You need to be a little adventuresome and not set in your culinary ways when it comes to Chinese food and restaurants to really enjoy A Single Pebble. It combines traditional cuisine with nontraditional preparation. The dishes arrive as they are prepared and sharing is encouraged. Both the food and the service are excellent. Try it with an open mind and expect to be rewarded.

• Visited September 2012