“Best breakfast in a long time”
Review of Leunig's Bistro

Leunig's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Leunig's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College Street
Transit: The Free Downtown College Street Shuttle stops across the street from Leunigs
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Best breakfast in a long time”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I've been to Burlington numerous times and somehow missed the fact that this upscale French bistro serves one of the finest breakfasts I've ever had, anywhere. The place's atmosphere reminds me of some good restaurants I enjoyed in Quebec City, and the food was so good I would have eaten a couple of different dishes if so inclined and with some more cash that morning. This will be my new breakfast go-to in this city when I'm there.

• Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
Quechee, Vermont
“EXCITING PLACE IN GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Ambling along Church Street open mall is exciting enough but when one enters Leunig's Bistro -- watch out! Not loud but the feeling of excitement and enthusiasm. Crowded (but not too crowded) bar for drinking and dining. Two other dining areas downstairs -- one of them on an enclosed veranda. AND there's a bar and dining area upstairs too!
Amidst the excitement, the food and wine are excellent. A Caesar Salad and some delicious spinach ravioli were sufficient -- with a glass of tasty red wine.
The service people are also enthusiastic and courteous.
Lived in VT for 30+ years but had never been to Leunig's. But will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
Bourne, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite restaurant in Burlington”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Leunig's never fails to disappoint me. I have been coming here for years and it is always busy. In the summer the garage style windows are lifted up to create a more open environment. The winter is festive and cozy. My favorite time of day to come to Leunig's is for Sunday Brunch. It is a small restaurant and they have managed to fit as many people in as possible. The food is consistently good and the wait staff are helpful and friendly. The only thing about Leunig's that I dislike is that there is no place to wait inside for a table. The bathrooms could use a little more TLC as well. I highly recommend Leunig's!

• Visited March 2014
Montpelier, Vermont
“service lacking”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I must say I've never had a disappointing meal here. But the service is sometimes sub-par, I'm talking attitude. It's starts with the owner. I often get an us verses them attitude, us being the staff and them being the customers. management always seems to take a defiant attitude against unhappy customers. Not great for business considering that there are dozens of superb restaurants in BTV where the staff aims to please without argument.

• Visited February 2014
Olympia, Washington
“Absolute favorite restaurant in Burlington”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

It's a pretentious little french restaurant that just happens to make the best french onion soup I've ever had and the food is just amazing. Actually had meat loaf when we were here for lunch -- which was amazing too! I've been here at least 8x and I will be back.

Visited March 2014