“A perfect French bistro”
Review of Leunig's Bistro

Leunig's Bistro
Ranked #16 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College Street
Transit: The Free Downtown College Street Shuttle stops across the street from Leunigs
Reviewed January 23, 2014

When hanging out in really very cold Burlington ,this is a must. The classic onion soup is a superb,beef broth, smothered with a blend of gooey cheese delight . If dining alone or with another choose a table on the corner looking out at the street and sights. The escargots are fantastic. The maple creme brûlée to die for, seriously. Oh , and the service, quite nice, though my server neglected to pour from my bottle of wine. Almost lost an "excellent" rating on that

Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Visited for a celebratory meal on a busy Friday night. Myself and fiancé ordered an appetiser and entree each. Both appetisers were incredibly salty but fresh and hot.
The entree we both chose was beef borginon. There was very little meat in the dish and the mashed potato it was served with was lumpy.
I feel it was way over priced for the quality and quantity of good provided.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We went with three people on a rainy Saturday afternoon and did not have to wait. the menu is very large and the coffee came out piping hot. Beignits are deep fried dough with powdered sugar that are served with maple syrup - highly recommended!!! They have four or five Bloody Mary variations for $9 and of course mimosas and grapefruit with champagne, called a Cypress for $6. I ordered blackbean and avocado hummus Benedict. It was absolutely delicious. The portions are insanely huge, I could not finish it with the potatoes. I think they are a great brunch place and will definitely go back. Has a European feel to it. Their service was excellent, in my opinion. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We ended up here after trying to get into a couple of other restaurants that had over an hour wait.This was for Sunday brunch around noontime.We were surprised to immediately get seated.Our waitress was quick to take our drink orders.My wife ordered a peach bellini.It was very orange in color.When she tasted it,it tasted like a mimosa.She spoke to the waitress,who took it away for a whole 20 seconds.She came back with "it was in fact a peach bellini;that is the way we make it."Our son also tried it,and knowing my wife didn't like it,swapped drinks with her.The waitress was very condescending in front of a very busy restaurant.One would expect her to say something like "may I get you something else?"With regard to the food,I had steak and eggs.The eggs were luke warm and very dry.The steak was just OK,the home fries were good. One of the other meals was black bean and avocado hummus benedict which was good.Another one was eggs benedict on crab cakes,also good.For the high priced menu,I would not return here.There are so many other options in the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent lunch with superb service. Everything the three of us ordered was top notch with special accolades for the Black Bean Soup which was amazing!! We chose this lunch for our post-wedding ceremony meal on the way to Montreal from Boston and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Very hip scene, great bar, a phenomenal gentleman at the host stand who was so gracious, welcoming and with great humor. Our server was also terrific. We recommend this bistro highly!