“Better than Restaurants in Italy”
Review of Trattoria Delia

Trattoria Delia
Ranked #9 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Bourne, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than Restaurants in Italy”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been here a couple of times. Last night I came with my mom and aunt and it was packed! We had a reservation and we arrived slightly early. they brought us to their newly opened bar next door where we waited for our reservation time. The atmosphere reminds me of the inside of an old ship. It is dark and nicely lit with candles and a toasty fireplace. The bread was outstanding-- just like my Italian great grandmother used to make. We had the special antipasti for an app. We split a pasta dish and it was absolutely outstanding. The homemade pasta definitely made the dish. I had the saltimbocca. The veal was extremely well prepared and so were the veggies that came with it. You cant go to Trattoria Delia and not have desert. By this time I was stuffed, but still managed to order the tiramisu, which was so big! It was delicious. Trattoria Delia is my favorite restaurant in Burlington!

• Visited March 2014
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Jgiancola,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. By the sound of your review, you must have Italian heritage and it is our pleasure to know that you enjoy and appreciated our homemade bread and pasta. We all take great pride in the fact that these items among many others are made by hand in our own kitchen!
We look forward to your return visit.
Best,

York, ME
“Nice ambience, good food, nice for special occasions”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were there while in town for business. It was recommended by a customer, and we weren't disappointed. Very busy for a Tuesday night in March, so we'd recommend reservations. We sat at the bar ("wine bar" as they call it). That was nice and informal. Built like a lodge, it has a very nice ambience. The staff was nice, they have a large wine list, and the food was very good. The only problem we had was that they were out of the listed "special" bottle of wine, and didn't offer any kind of deal on an alternative. Not a big deal, but... It's not cheap, but it is good.

• Visited March 2014
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Al-Sue-Maine
Thank you for your review on TA, ans please thank your customer who recommended you dine with us.

We look forward to seeing you again, and please try our new wine bar Sotto Enoteca on St Paul Street.
Best,
Burlington, Vermont
“If you don't order liquor, you won't be treated well.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The antipasti misti is lovely as is the gnocci. The atmosphere is very nice. The food is truly good. The servers are not. My husband does not want to return and I can understand why not! Order wine or be treated badly seems to be the mantra of waiters. My husband orders beers and I order no alcohol. We have been there over the years and been treated well, but more recently, not at all well. So we are going a few doors down, to Pizzaria Veritas and loving that.

Visited March 2014
TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear See-Vermont-Soon,
Thank you for your review, all feedback is appreciated and discussed at our nightly staff meetings. My sincerest apologies that you felt you were not treated well given that you ordered only one beer.
I can assure you that this is not the norm at Trattoria Delia, we have regular guests who dine at our wine bar that drink only bottled water.
Our hope is that you will return to dine with us again.
Regards,
“Wonderful Experience-- always!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the comfy and cozy feel of the restaurant-- it's like going inside Bilbo's house under the tree roots. Dark and romantic. The food is always phenominal and the waitstaff are all very well-informed.

• Visited September 2013
Burlington, Vermont
“Always Exceptional”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Trattoria Delia is a favorite restairant that my family and I often save for special occasions. You will not be disappointed! Excellent menu, wonderful service and a beautiful, cozy setting.

• Visited November 2013