“Excellent all around!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My experience with Trattoria Delia was great from my phone call to make a reservation right through dessert. When I called to reserve a table I was asked if I would would like a cozy table in a nook by the fireplace. "Of course!" I said. Then she asked if I was celebrating anything and I said it was our first trip without kids in six years. When we arrived at the restaurant the hostess suggested we sit on the bench by the fireplace to warm up while our table was being prepared. We waited about one minute when we were seated. The table was so romantic! As the waitress was telling us about the specials, another brought us two glasses of complimentary champagne. What a nice surprise that was. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and our waitress was very accomodating to my extremely picky partner. We ordered the crostini, each variety delicious. The waitress explained what was on each piece of grilled bread. My partner ordered the tagliatelly con funghi and enjoyed it very much. I had to order the braised shortribs after reading many reviews recommending the dish. They did not dissapoint. A nice big piece of boneless shortribs in a balsamic glaze just melted in my mouth. The truffle mashed potatoes were to-die-for and even the accompanying vegetables were cooked just right. We topped off the dinner with three flavors of gelati. It was a perfect dinner and made my visit to Burlington very special.

TD152, General Manager at Trattoria Delia, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear TeeRose731,

Sometimes a special occasion can be as simple as just having a romantic meal and sharing the company of your partner or loved one. We are happy to have been part of the memories from your visit to our fair city.

As always, we are thrilled to know that our cuisine pleases our guests and especially like that you enjoyed many courses and dessert. Please be sure to stop in the next time you are in Burlington.

Kevin Murphy
Manager -Trattoria Delia

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Delia

Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was a great experience. Everything was delicious. Make reservations early. We waited until the day before on a Saturday night and the only thing available was 8:45. Not too expensive but not cheap either. But worth it. I can't wait to go back.

Dear KDNICK,

Thank you for taking time to review our restaurant. Happily, we had a table available for you on a Saturday night. As many of our frequent guests can tell you, reservations are highly suggested, especially on the weekends, or on nights when there is a show at The Flynn Theatre.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the food. We, also, can't wait to have you visit with us again soon.

Kevin Murphy
Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Trattoria Delia last evening. We started with a salad, and enjoyed wonderful homemade crusty bread with an excellent herb butter. For a main course I had Pasta alla Parmigiana which was just wonderful. The pasta was perfectly cooked, the homemade sauce was wonderful, and the veal meatball delicious and like none I have ever had. My wife had the Tagliatelle al Mare e Monte which she savored. Desert was wonderful, the pistachio ice cream was natural, and was not overly sweet.
The service we received was superior. While there was a line to get in, we had luckily made reservations and our table was set and ready for us. Our waitress, Heather, was friendly, and very helpful throughout our meal. Always attentive, never bothersome.
I don't write many reviews, but felt compelled to write this for Trattoria Delia. We can't wait to go there again. My advise- make reservations, then go and enjoy!

TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Adirondack Bob,
Thank you very very much for your kind review, we are flattered that you took the time to write one on Trip Advisor.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal, and the meatball recipe originates from Tom's family Sunday dinners at his Grandmother's house. We strive to create friendly, attentive and comfortable service and dining experience; glad to know we were successful in providing that for you.

We look forward to your return visit!
Regards,
Lori Delia

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was looking for good italian food so I found this (highly rated) on tripadvisor. I got their early and was able to get right in. The bread with garlic butter was fantastic - I could not stop eating it. I opted for the Pasta alla Parmigiana for $18.50 -Rigatoni baked with salsa pomodoro, house made veal meatball, fennel sausage, eggplant parmigiana and fresh mozzarella. I was able to get more meatballs since I wasn't a sausage fan but only at a piece of one. They season the meatballs with nutmeg and allspice and it was a bit too heavy for my palate. The pasta and eggplant were good but nothing I would rave about. Waitress was very nice and her service was excellent.

TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Hopsing NH,
Thank you for your review!

Glad to hear you enjoyed our homemade bread and herbed butter! Sorry to hear the spices in the meatballs were not your liking, but thank you for letting us know so we can adjust the amount of seasoning if need be.

We hope to see you again when you are in Burlington.
Regards,
Lori Delia

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has been our favorite Burlington restaurant for many years, and it never disappoints us.
Ok, let's start with the negatives first. This is not your local inexpensive family spaghetti house. If you're looking for that, go to Olive Garden. On the other hand, Yes, you should bring your family, behaved children are more than welcome at trattoria Delia.
The good. Everything else! It's located in the heart of downtown, right around the corner from the Flynn Theater, the cultural center of Burlington and northern Vermont, and just a block away from famous Church Street. Park, dine, enjoy the wine, and walk right around the corner for the show. No driving the car until hours later. Excellent true Italian food, we've been there too, an extensive wine list, knowledgeable and professional servers, it's simply the best. This review is not based on just one good night, but on many years of dining at this wonderful restaurant.

TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Ranger Bob,
Thank you for your kind words!

We hope you come to join us for our 20 year Anniversary in June. Thank you for your many years of patronage!

Best.