“Simply The Best”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has been our favorite Burlington restaurant for many years, and it never disappoints us.
Ok, let's start with the negatives first. This is not your local inexpensive family spaghetti house. If you're looking for that, go to Olive Garden. On the other hand, Yes, you should bring your family, behaved children are more than welcome at trattoria Delia.
The good. Everything else! It's located in the heart of downtown, right around the corner from the Flynn Theater, the cultural center of Burlington and northern Vermont, and just a block away from famous Church Street. Park, dine, enjoy the wine, and walk right around the corner for the show. No driving the car until hours later. Excellent true Italian food, we've been there too, an extensive wine list, knowledgeable and professional servers, it's simply the best. This review is not based on just one good night, but on many years of dining at this wonderful restaurant.

TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Ranger Bob,
Thank you for your kind words!

We hope you come to join us for our 20 year Anniversary in June. Thank you for your many years of patronage!

Best.
Trattoria Delia

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for quite sometime. On New year's Day I was driving from Montreal to Boston and decided to stop in Burlington VT for dinner. This is not a town particularly noted for it's fine dining options so I consulted TripAdvisor and decided upon Trattoria Delia. This is a small chef owned and operated place neatly tucked away on a somewhat forbidding street in the downtown. Do not be deterred. The place is a little gem. The inside is a bit dark and off putting but once inside you feel its cozy and warm atmosphere envelope you. Let's be clear. This is not a red sauce joint but a very authentic Italian restaurant serving well prepared regional dishes. The owner is Pugliese and the menu reflects his bias for this region of Italy. I would recommend the homemade pasta and the eggplant appetizer. The wine list is expansive and eclectic. All the desserts are house made. I intend to return to this culinary oasis the next time I pass through Burlington. You should too.

TD152, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Pierantonio,
I loved your review! "This is not a red sauce joint...." You summed up exactly what it is we do in your review.

We thank you for contributing to our Trip Advisor reviews and we look forward to your return visit!

Best,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Wow. Invite to dinner and discuss business, and the night was perfect. Incredible hidden gem, best restaurant in Burlington by far. Atmosphere? Perfect! Food? I had the scallops over pasta and could not have made it any better. This is authentic Italian. Good wine, great service. Please, please don't tell a bunch of people about this. I need to have room to go back...
No downside at all except the related trying to park my car--nightmarish at best, but keep circling or walk 5 blocks...It is worth the trouble for sure.

Dear Boris,
Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor. It brings us such pleasure when we hear of someone who discovers us for the first time; we will be celebrating our 20 year Anniversary this June and there are still guests we haven't reached!

We can't wait for your return!

Best,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stumbled upon this little gem by accident. We had intended to eat at a popular Burlington spot but the wait was to long. Trattoria Delia was warm and inviting from the moment we walked in the door - literally! There was a fire burning in the fireplace which a friendly hostess offered us a seat in front of and a drink while we waited for our table.
The menu was creative, ambitious and accomplished. The homemade pasta was delicious and the pomodoro sauce was memorable. The service was efficient although we never felt rushed.
All in all, this meal was one of the high lights of our trip. The only reason I didn't give it five star rating is because I'm saving that for an absolutely extraordinary meal.

Dear FTA269,
So glad you stumbled upon us by accident! All of our staff takes great pride in making our guests feel welcomed and accommodating; it is a pleasure to hear we succeeded!

As well glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. Sean who makes all of our pastas has been making them in house for 6 years, and he had perfected them! Our pomodoro is also made in house and is a recipe from Tom's aunt in Milan - she is an outstanding cook.

We look forward to seeing you in Burlington again.

Regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I make a point to eat at Trattoria Delia every time I'm in Burlington for business. Don't stop by for a quick meal as the restaurant is a member of the "slow food movement." Logo is a snail. On a related note make sure to have the sauteed snail appetizer. I quite enjoy working with the waitress on my wine selection - most are skilled in this area and can steer you to a good choice. I've never had a bad meal, so experiment - I usually select a special and particularly enjoyed the salmon fresh fish at my last visit. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals - ribs, pasta, several fishes.

Dear Nierda,
Thank you for writing a TA review!

I like the correlation of the Slow Food snail and the snails we have on the menu! And we indeed do as well enjoy helping guests choose wine fro our extensive Italian list!

Our pleasure to have you as a return guest and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in BTV!