“Best breakfast and lunch we had while vacationing in Vermont”
Review of Handy's Lunch

Handy's Lunch
Ranked #14 of 248 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Hungry? You won't be after you've eaten a Handy's Big Daddy Breakfast (curious? Come on in to try one!) Or our famous Texas Chili dogs with a side of fries and an ice cold Coke. At Handy's, we make it our mission to not only fill you up with delicious food but to also make you part of our family...Sixty years strong and still growing! Food for thought (no pun intended),we were voted "Best Place to Meet a Stranger" by Seven Days.....So whether you choose to dine alone or with a group, we always have a seat waiting for you at Handy's. P.S. UVM also lists Handy's Lunch as one of their Top 25 Things to Do Before you Graduate...Not that we're saying you haven't graduated yet........Alums also welcome!
Reviewed April 4, 2017

After eating breakfast at a suggested place while vacationing in Vermont my husband and I couldn't have been more disappointed. The next day I was determined to find a good place for breakfast and boy did we ever. Handy's had the best breakfast and the owner's were so friendly and welcoming. We felt as if we had known them for years. I knew when I read that it was a long standing family business taken over by the children that it was a winner! Environment was the old fashion diner feel where you sit at a counter. We went back the next day for breakfast and also ordered lunch for our road trip home. They do great sandwich's with all boars head products. We can't say enough about Handy's. A must go to place if you are ever in Burlington Vermont.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Simply stated --- what an incredible breakfast! The portions were HUGE, the food was delicious and inexpensive, and the staff were friendly. We have never seen such large servings; the "Black Belt" was a "breakfast sandwich" made with three Texas toast slices as french toasts (top, middle, and bottom) that held an egg, cheese, and three meats; and they had an even larger "Black Belt" option!!!

Handys is not your typical restaurant; the seating was a u-shaped counter; we didn't count the seats but maybe 25 total. The atmosphere was certainly "down home" and relaxing. I didn't see a parking lot but was able to find a space on the street.

Bottom-line: great food, good prices, and filling! Just writing this review makes me want to return for another meal. We will certainly return on our next visit to Burlington.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Great food and quick service. Clean establishment with a cute old fashion diner feel. My husband enjoyed the fench toast and I loved the veggie omelet- very yummy! We would go back again ☺️

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Handy's is a wonderful place to grab a bite to eat. It's been family owned and run for decades and one of the few places where you can sit down, get a sandwich and fries or a breakfast that is just plain, good food. I know that doesn't sound like a rave review, but in a place like Burlington, where restaurants are all trying to out perform each other with eclectic dishes, it's really nice to be able to find an excellent grilled cheese with fries or a perfect stack of pancakes.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

We were in VT for a roller derby bout for my daughter and decided to have breakfast/brunch in the town. Two other places, a little closer to the city center had wait times of 1.5 hours or 2 hours! We had google maps open and saw Handy's was a little further out but still easy to walk too. It's a counter style diner, no tables or booths but, whilst busy, we managed to grab the four seats we needed.

Food was delicious, three of us had pancakes, one had a full breakfast, service was excellent and staff were very friendly. The owner came over to chat about our visit and was very engaged with my daughter over her sport, he then gave us a pass to the teddy bear factory for free entry as we had time to spare.

Would definitely go back when we are next in Burlington.

Date of visit: November 2016