“Family Run, Family Loved” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 73 things to do in Burlington
New England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Family Run, Family Loved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

The folks that run this little snack bar by the side of the bike path have weathered floods and winds time and time again. If you love charm and a throwback to a simpler time stop here for a snack. Sit on the dock and watch the world go by. Time stops here.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LindaVNewEngland

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Perfect end to my holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Auer family boathouse was recommended to us by a friend, who had grown up around the area, and have had family members even tying the knot there.

We wanted to do something relaxing and different on the last day of my holiday before returning to Edinburgh,Scotland, and I'm so glad we went there to hire a row boat. Christine was such a wonderful lady who helped us with our needs, and was extremely friendly, advising us on the best place to row as it was a slightly windy day. We got the boat for a really cheap price, and she even gave us a little extra time too.

We went up the river, and basked in the gorgeous sun, taking on the calmness of being on water. Of course I tried to row the boat, but failed miserably. My boyfriend however, turned out to have a knack for it, luckily!

I want to thank Christine for her wonderful customer service, and for the pencils she gave us as a departing gift! I really hope you can come to Scotland at some point, and also that I can come back and visit. I left Vermont with a lot of fond memories, and this was definitely one. Thank you so much!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cef1
Burlington, Vermont
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Old school service, old school prices, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our kayak renting experience today was one of those "I should write a tripadvisor review" moments where you have such a great experience that you want to tell others about it and want the business to do well.

Even if you ignore the interesting environment, the better pricing (than downtown), and the fun food options...it's an amazing place to drop-in. You can go up the river or head towards around to the bay.

Visited September 2013
Longueuil, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A trip into a quieter Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I used to go to the boathouse when the parents Charlie & Ida were in charge and am still going with my family and friends for a one day picnic to visit Christine & Charlie (Chuck). When visiting you can treat yourselves to delicious hamburgers and other snacks, sit and enjoy the beautiful scenery, rent a boat or kayak or go fishing. Everything is available there as well as a history lesson from either Christine or Charlie. There is a walking/cycling trail up on the hill that goes from the city of Burlington to across the Winooski River. If you go there once, you will definitely want to return.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank John B
new york, ny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome burgers, and truly is a Burlington gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Charlie's boathouse along the Burlington bike path just before the bridge over the winooski river ... Around 4 miles north from downtown. What a great stop along the path. Charlie showed the kids how he fed his fish worms, then (washed his hands and then) made us up a Charlie burger: a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, onions .... Looked like real ground beef - substantially sized burger .... Not a little thin pattie. Beautiful burger ... A steal for $4 or so. He rents boats, and it's a nice paddle up the river. With the bike ride, the eating, and the boat ride, it makes for one of the best days here in Burlington ...

Visited August 2013