“Nice......... Finally a place that makes you say yes!”

EB Strong's Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #34 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Concord, New Hampshire
“Nice......... Finally a place that makes you say yes!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow a great place to go in Burlington for a meal. No BS just good service good food and good times. This is not a cheap place to eat so go here when it's not your turn to pay. Ok wine list
Overall a must try.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jarymes

New York City, New York
“really good”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

my husband and i visited Burlington for the first time. we ask around for good food and they recommended eb strongs as a really good restaurant. they were right. the food was excellent and the service amazing too. the atmosphere is really good. i had the tuna as appetizer and it was really interesting and tasteful.both our meals were amazing. the cocktails were really good. i will definitely go back again. it was a really good experience and different tastes.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank alex a
Burlington, Vermont
“Could be a whole lot better”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

When I think of a steakhouse, I think of the Palm in NY or Morton's. EB Strong's could be like that but it needs to get better. MY wife and I had our second visit on August 21, 2013.

I called for a reservation and got a machine that said I would have a call-back. it never came but they did have the reservation. We had a cocktail and my martini was perfect as was my wife's gin and tonic.

We had a wedge salad ($8) that was very small. They must have gotten 8 or 10 salads out of that head of lettuce.

My wife ordered the filet and I had the New York cut. We had a side of creamed spinich and ay grauten potatoes (which were outstanding). The spinich left a lot to be desired - vert little cream so it was a bit bitter. There was plenty of it however.

I am used to getting a gigantic steak but it was rather small - smaller than an average Costco NY. The filet was a nice size. The steaks were done properly but the NY was a bit chewey.

Service was quite good.

This is a white table cloth restaurant and is very comfortable but I expected better for a bill coming to $180, including tip. Make the steaks bigger and figure out how to make creamed spinich. This could be a landmark in Burlington but now it is just expensive and ordinary.

• Visited August 2013
Pelham, New Hampshire
“Not good, not bad either”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Perhaps I'm too critical when it comes to steak. While the 8 oz. filet ($34) that I ordered medium rare was tender, it didn't have much flavor and from a place that is billed as a "steakhouse", I expected more flavor.

Oysters on the half shell were excellent as were the Short Ribs ($16).

Visited August 2013
Waterbury, Vermont, United States
“The wrong way to end a nice day...”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A couple of times each summer, we like to get some friends and family together to walk through Burlington and visit a number of pubs and restaurants along the way. This familiarizes us with quite a few restaurants and then we frequent the better restaurants throughout the rest of the year.

I don't see us visiting EB Strong's again anytime soon, however.

We've been here a few times before... always a nice experience with good food. Those experiences gave me a desire to visit again and try a steak... however, that was a year ago. What a difference a year makes!

This visit the other night, however, was a drastic departure from our previous visits. This was such a drastic departure from our previous visits that I don't think we will be visiting again anytime soon. We'll wait for someone we trust to give it a good personal review before visiting again.

So, what was so lousy this past weekend to change our opinions of this place? In short, the service... and the food.

Four of us sat at the bar. We intended to order a few rounds of drinks, some appetizers and some desserts. Because the service and food was so lousy, we never ordered more than one drink and left as soon as possible.

Our bartender was very clearly under-trained. He didn't know the menu... when I asked my first question about a menu item, he stated, "Hmmm, I don't know... would you like me to find out for you?" Why in the world would I ask a question about a menu item if I did not want you to get the answer for me? And, why is it you aren't completely familiar with this relatively short menu? This ineptness and lack of knowledge continued throughout our stay from our first question to our last question.

I ordered the pork belly entree as an appetizer. Rather than a nice, crispy, fatty, flavorful, bacon-y-type of pork like pork belly usually is, this was more like a thin butterflied pork chop... a little dry... and, although it had spices, the meat was lacking flavor. For a pork chop, I would rate it as average, but certainly not at the price we paid. This was not the pork belly I had a year ago nor did it resemble anything I would recommend to friends, as I have in the past.

Dessert... ugggg.... inedible. We ordered the caramel tart (I think that was the name). Honestly, it tasted like a wax candle with sugar poured over it. It was absolutely terrible and inedible. The waxy caramel substance was so thick, it made me gag... and there was a lot of it... and, it tasted like a wax, caramel-scented candle covered in sugar. The crust of this tart was dry and lacked flavor. Overall, very nasty and inedible.

Another dessert... the cheesecake in a ball jar... novel idea, but only mediocre cheesecake. Perhaps they should put the caramel tart in the ball jar instead... with a wick... not only will it taste like a wax candle, but it can look like one too!

Atmosphere... a bit on a boring side and a bit dark (poorly illuminated). For 'high end' pricing, I would expect 'high end' interior design. This place has a dark, industrial, unfinished feel to it. The atmosphere is rather 'cold' and make me feel uncomfortable. The bar is nice but it really has more of an old-time ice cream shop feel to it than a bar feel.

Needless to say, our last visit was a complete disappointment. Poor service, unknowledgeable staff, poor food and a cold, boring atmosphere. This was so much of a disappointment that we will not visit again unless some people we trust give them a good review again.

• Visited July 2013