“Just.... Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I'll keep this short and sweet, but I can't imagine a better B&B experience. Linda, the proprietor, is a lovely whirlwind of hospitality and made our stay comfortable and fun beyond our expectations. The Inn struck a great balance of character and luxury, which ended up being just right for my girlfriend and I. Words fail to describe how good the included breakfast was, but I'd be happy to be buried in a coffin filled with that french toast when I die. We'll be back any time we're in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in 904 and we will again.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed March 5, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I were on a free-stye New England road trip and decided to start in Burlington VT. We picked the Made INN based on TripAdvisor reviews and I have to say they earn their rating and then some. On the expected criteria, the place is above average: spotlessly clean rooms and bathrooms, SUPER luxurious bedding including plenty of soft throws and an abundance of comfy pillows etc., exemplary customer service from the inn keeper and cook (amazing breakfast made to order with probably the best bacon I’ve ever had in my life) and every amenity you could think of, including a basket of snacks, bathrobes and even flannel pajama pants hanging in the closet for you. Now it’s the UNEXPECTED details that sell this place though… if you plan to stay here, you should factor in a day to just hang out IN the INN. The rooms have a chalkboard wall where you can contribute your “I was here” tag and read the notes of those that came before you, the enormous living room (and guest rooms) are so well decorated and stocked with eclectic games, gadgets, books, movies and artwork that you can spend the day just discovering and playing with everything (we really enjoyed watching the sunrise from the Widow’s Walk while sipping great coffee and playing chess and playing actual vinyl records on the record player in our room). It seems like every detail was well thought out too – from the telescope and binoculars in the Widow’s Walk, to the under-lighted bed. Overall an amazing experience and well worth the price. P.S. Non-cat lovers won’t appreciate this, but I also loved that the inn has two resident cats. Casey the cat is a handsome boy, and upon invitation, hung out in the room with us and made the picturesque room even more so.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Absolutely fabulous time! Stunning house, eclectic appointments, DELICIOUS FOOD! Right from the very moment we made our (late) arrival we were greeted by Linda and made to feel welcome with food and refreshment as well as a complete tour of the house! Our room (905) was cozy and warm and quite ample in space. The following morning's breakfast was stellar even if Linda did throw Jana (her morning chef) under the bus by suggesting eggs benedict the night before. Everything was deliriously good. We sat in the living room for both mornings and got to know the other inhabitants of the house quite well both times. We hit the winter farmers' market (can you say ice cider and cheese?!) and rest of the town that day - taking a recommendation to visit the little movie house from Linda in the evening. All in all quite the lovely weekend with my husband -even though we never got a chance to squeeze in a hot tub sit (though no fault of the Inn).

Room Tip: 905 was HUGE - the best in the house and well worth it. Front of the house, upstairs, could NOT hea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This beautiful, quirky, clean, comfortable, warm, friendly, and welcoming B&B was a great place for my husband and I to have a good time. This is a beautiful Victorian, but Linda (the innkeeper) has created a fun and very eclectic interior. Let's just say it sets the stage for a good time! The bed was very comfortable, the place was immaculate. The cook is animated and made a delicious meal (the New Yorker-inspired French toast lifted my husband to new heights of culinary pleasure). Be sure to check out the romantic and beautiful "eagles nest" at the top of the house...a great place to hang out!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in November for two nights. The city of Burlington isn't too busy this time of year, and there was only one other couple staying at the Inn that weekend. We arrived and were greeted wonderfully by the innkeeper and given a complete tour. We were also given complimentary Heady Toppers (an excellent IPA). There were so many extras included during our stay. In each of the rooms, there is a refrigerator and snack shelf with plenty of free snacks.

The room itself had an eclectic decor, but it seemed to blend perfectly. There were plenty of things to do in the room, from a record player to chalk to games in the drawers of the desk. The bedding itself was a perfect combination of being warm, cozy, and comfortable. The bed wasn't too soft or firm. I really can't fault anything about the room except for the bathrooms being down the hall. We had this expectation prior to arriving, so it was expected. The bonus was that we were able to choose the bathroom to our liking.

The innkeeper went out of her way to make sure our stay was perfect. The breakfast had many options and was delicious.

Overall, this was the best bed and breakfast that we have stayed in. I can't think of anything I would have changed about the location, room, innkeeper, or ammenities.

Tip: Bring a swimsuit for the hot tub. Go to the Farmer's market 2 blocks away on Saturday mornings.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My mom and sister were staying at the Inn. I was crashing with a friend in Burlington before UVM opened up again, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I didn't have a place to stay for the last night before campus reopened. I stopped by the Inn and checked with the owner, Linda, to see if she'd let me crash in their room (904) with them. I have stayed there before with my mom and sister, so she knew me. Not only did she find a comfy fold-out bed for me to use, she let me stay with them for no extra charge to me or to my family!

Once I had settled in, Linda offered those of us of age some AMAZING mimosas to sip as we relaxed to some of the soothing vintage records playing in our room. The room was put together exquisitely, with no detail overlooked. In the spacious closet, there was a mini-fridge full of drinks and a box on top full of yummy snacks. Linda even gave us some complimentary fuzzy socks to keep our feet warm as we walked around at night! (Shoes off to protect the floors. :) )

Breakfast the next morning was DIVINE, as usual, and Jana and Linda did an amazing job of seeing to all our needs. We were able to drink fresh-squeezed orange juice with our breakfast. I had the cheesy eggs and fried potatoes. Generous portions, and coffee brewed to perfection. My sister had the baked french toast, which was to die for.

This is the only Inn I'll ever stay at here! Absolutely amazing. I'd recommend it to everybody and everybody looking for a light-hearted, but classy, getaway. d

Room Tip: We've stayed in 905 and 904. 904 has an amazingly comfy king-sized bed (according to my mom and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Lizzie N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!