We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

What an absolutely incredible place! My husband and I just celebrated our 12th anniversary at Made INN Vermont and it was hands down the best trip we've taken together! It was like falling in love all over again! Everything about the Inn was amazing! The food was always delicious, the rooms are so beautiful that I didn't care if we even stepped foot outside, and the hostess was extremely accommodating! Everything inside the house is so spectacular and the lake views are like buttercream frosting on a perfect cupcake! The proximity to beautiful downtown Burlington is also an incredible bonus! It was so easy to ride bikes to downtown and return to the Inn in the evening. We are already planning our next trip and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline P

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Pros: The location is ideal, and you could walk to the main center of Burlington easily. The house is also beautifully restored, and everything is very clean. The bathroom was quite cold, so taking a bath in the tub wasn't as luxurious as it sounds.

Cons: The breakfast was mediocre, the hostess was very friendly but perhaps too pushy at times, and the bathrooms are all separate from the bedrooms. I found myself listening to see if anyone was in the hallway before exiting my room. This arrangement might be more ideal for some couples but not others.

Summary: All in all, it was a nice place to stay. However, for the price ($285 per night, including taxes), I would have expected a more luxurious room.

8  Thank DDEPLACH71
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The moment we walked into Made INN Vermont we were surprised and delighted! Our host could not have been more accomodatng and her artistic eye for beauty and attention to ever detail could be seen everywhere. Our room; 904? was fun, playful and full of comforts and yummy treats! Should we return to Burlington Vermont, this is the only place we would want to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharonkelly323
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a surprise....and delight....cozy, warm, well-located, intimate, and all the snacks are made from local maple, and all the furniture from local craftspeople....It made my Gold List: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfF2p2E8CII

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank richardjbangs
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and we were glad we did! We stayed in 903, the smallest, for two nights and were comfortable, warm and relaxed the whole trip. The owner is very thoughtful and brought us apple cider and snacks to our door knowing that all we wanted to do was relax in our rooms. The parlor is a great place to have breakfast, which is made to order and fresh each day. Our flight wasn't leaving till the late afternoon so the owner graciously let us lounge in our room and then the parlor till we wanted to go. Thanks so much for everything!! We hope to be back when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank BD83
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A couple weeks ago I planned a weekend getaway to Burlington, VT for my boyfriend's 27th birthday. I was looking for a unique, hipster-type place, that was private and romantic, but also near-enough to downtown so that we could walk if the weather was nice. I looked through dozens of different places to stay; hotels, cabins, inns and other bed & breakfast locations. NONE compared to what I found when I came across Made INN Vermont.

Although it was a little higher in price comparison, I made the choice to book a room when I realized and added up the cost of all the amenities included. We were provided on-site parking, plenty of local snacks and drinks in our room refrigerator, spa-type goodies in our room (bath soap rose petals, lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, etc!), NY-style cheesecake available as a dessert in the kitchen area, a midnight hot tub reservation, luxurious bath robes to use (I am planning to buy one of my own, it was so nice), and a Saturday morning breakfast that was ridiculously good.

I could go on and on about how great waking up at Made INN Vermont was. The bed was incredibly comfortable and we were allowed to choose our own breakfast time for a late wake-up. My boyfriend and I made coffee and took croissants up to the cupola to read the paper and relax while the professional chef made our hot crepes, home-fries and maple bacon!

Linda made everything about our weekend stay one-of-a-kind. Made INN Vermont was even better in person than we expected from viewing pictures on the website, reading past reviews, and seeing other photos on tripadvisor. If you are looking for a romantic getaway that has unique charm without the usual overly feminine traits that a bed & breakfast typically has, this is the place. Nothing about Made INN Vermont cuts corners. We were provided with exceptional service and hospitality that was well worth the price.

I can't wait to go again. We had such a great time in February, I can't even imagine what fun Made INN Vermont will be in the summer!

Room Tip: We found room the smallest room (#903) to be enough space for staying one overnight. If you are comi...
2  Thank JR3L
Reviewed February 26, 2013

When my girlfriend and I walked in the door of this amazing B&B, Linda, the owner, immediately whisked us up to the widow's walk at the top of the house and served us hot spiced cider. As if that weren't enough, she then let us know that we would be staying in a larger room than we had originally booked. I don't think there could possibly be a better way to welcome guests to your inn!

Made INN Vermont is an absolutely perfect B&B. The house is amazing; I wish I had spent more time exploring all of the different books and games available in the parlor. The vibe is definitely hip but totally unpretentious. The decor ranges from restored Victorian chairs to some old coffee-shop tables. Fun fact: the painting in the hallway on the second floor was done by Linda's daughter. Also fun fact: our room had an entire wall that was covered in chalkboard paint. We had a lot of fun adding to the pictures that the previous occupants had left there.

Linda also is a wealth of knowledge about what to do in Burlington. She offered great suggestions for where to eat dinner both nights we were in town, as well as letting us know which bars had live music that were "in crawl-home distance" (read: 5 minute walk down the hill) from her front door.

The breakfasts were delicious. The chef was super accommodating to the different dietary needs of all of the guests staying at the inn the weekend we were there. All of the dishes focused on local ingredients. My favorite was a 'Vermont breakfast burrito.'

The only bad thing about the entire weekend was the fact that we had to leave at the end. We'll definitely be back the next time we head back up to Burlington!

1  Thank Evan W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Boutique Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!