“BBQ- Nice & Quirky”

Ranked #35 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bluebird Barbecue is serviced by bus by Burlington's CCTA transit system using the Riverside/Winooski route.
Description: Thank you for checking out Bluebird Barbecue where we celebrate American Regional Barbecue with a Vermont twist! Our all natural meats are slow smoked on premises in our 1.5 ton Souther Pride Smoker and are paired with traditional barbecue sauces and sides made from scratch. Relax, unwind, and enjoy southern style barbecue in one of our many dining rooms that can accommodate groups of all sizes. Our menu offers large "family style" platters perfect for group gatherings. During the summer months dine out on our screened, enclosed porch with Winooski River views. Our entire barbecue menu is also available for take-out.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food was good the service even better. A fun kind of place. We ate at the bar and the bartender/ server was very friendly, and knowledgeable of the menu and the beers served. He checked back to see how the appetizers were, and of course followed up on how we enjoyed the food. Finding a parking space was difficult.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I really love to get the bar be que for two. (Sharing it of course.) This gives you the best of the meat choices: ribs, brisket and either the pork or chicken, then a choice of sides. This is the perfect chow down. There is a great choice of beers and the bartenders pours a lovely Manhattan. I love the sides, I could eat them alone, beans and greens are my favorite, although the mac and cheese is equally yummy. I have been there when they have been so slamming the food ran out. I always get there early!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Brisket was a rookie slice of two full cross sections of both the fatty tip and flat. Lacked flavor and any smoke ring! More braised than barbecued in my opinion. Rice had zero flavor, lacked the dirty...look up what dirty rice is and don't false advertise! Loved the decor!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our family recently had the "Family Reunion" special here - "some of everything". There was more food than 4 of us could eat - it probably could have fed 6, especially if we had gotten the salad.
We liked everything, especially the "burnt tips", pulled pork, brisket, maple cornbread, and onion rings. The onion rings were some of the best I've ever had: thin with a delicate coating. The server was very nice too, explaining the sauces, etc.
We definitely want to visit again and hopefully sit out on the screened-in porch.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Called to order their restaurant week take out "special". Was told it was not available because they were so busy. Really? This was their promotional event ... I called early in the evening but apparently they didn't have enough food. By coincidence, my son and family ordered a huge take out late in the afternoon. They received the meal but were extremely dissapointed in the quality (poor) and quantity (extremely limited portions) of meat.

sbbtv, Owner at Bluebird BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Hello!

My name is Stephanie and I am the General Manager at Bluebird Barbecue. I'm so sorry we were unable to provide you with the Restaurant Week Takeout Special. The special was far more popular than we had anticipated and while that is exciting for us, we are disappointed that we could not honor it for you. Because we smoke our meats fresh daily, some for 15 hours, the amount of meat we offer each night is limited. With the early popularity of the takeout special and the many in-house reservations, we had to keep the remaining meat and sides for those reservations at the time that you had called. I would be happy to offer the Takeout Special to you at your convenience. You can reach me at stephanie@bluebirdvermont.com or my direct line 802.825.1916.

I hope to hear from you.

All the best,