“The best pizza: both for main course and "dessert"”
Review of Pizzeria Verita

Pizzeria Verita
Ranked #2 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a full service Neapolitan pizzeria with a focus on exceptional Italian cuisine, inspired craft cocktails, and a well-informed, engaging staff.
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Where to start! Well, it's all excellent, but don't leave without your dessert - pizza alla nutella. It's A Nutella-filled pizza shell with caramelized sugar and chocolate drizzle. This puts your favorite chocolate croissant to shame. This is a very much upscale pizzeria with first class service, value, thin crust pizza, contemporary ambiance, and of course creative dessert. Visiting from South Jersey, we enjoyed our service and conversation with Lexie. Thank you for a wonderful evening. The Margherita Regina was light and tasty: wish we could get this crust in Jersey. On the way out we checked out the pizza oven and talked to the cooks - these guys were so nice, making us so welcome to Verita's.

Leslie W, Manager at Pizzeria Verita, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Hi, thanks for dining us and for writing such a nice review! We really appreciate your business and kind words. We hope you stop in again next time you're in Burlington!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We enjoyed our chat with Ralph & Matt. Matt told us the history of the oven and the dough, both of which originated in Naples, IT. Having been to Naples, IT this year, I can honestly say the Neopolitan Pizza here was far better than in Naples.

If you find yourself in Burlington, I highly recommend dinner here. It's small and fills up fast, so come early. They open at 5:00 PM. You won't be disappointed!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice post...we really appreciate it. So glad you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being from the NY/NJ area, I take my pizza very seriously. This place is delicious and the drinks are great as well!

Hi, thanks so much for the review. Glad you enjoyed the pizza and drinks!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I loved the pizza we had for dinner but the Nutella dessert pizza is really what compels me to write a review. Wow! And I am not a person who usually has dessert. Don't miss it. Great restaurant - if I lived in Burlington, I would be a regular here.

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Nutella pizza as much as we do...hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having just arrived in Burlington after close to 4 hours in the car, my husband and I were a little desperate to just get seated on a Friday night for dinner. We parked and didn't know the area and were just extremely lucky to have landed, by chance, at Pizzeria Verita. Even though they appeared full, they were able to seat us very quickly and we got to eat by the window so we could also people watch for a bonus.
This restaurant was just so much more than I expected. The menu was thorough but also creative and diverse. They had a full bar with fancy cocktails as well as a dessert menu, something I find a lot of gourmet pizzerias overlook.
I ordered some kind of specialty pizza that had arugula, cherries and honey. Sound weird? Yup! But it was one of the most memorable meals of my life, no joke. It looked like I was eating a salad on my pizza and I am far from an adventurous eater but it was the perfect combo of sweet and savory and it more than filled me up. Then my husband and I split the Nutella pizza for dessert and, while it's hard to go wrong when you throw Nutella in the mix, this was just decadent perfection.
I would honestly consider another trip to this area just so I could put a meal here on my agenda.

Hi, thanks for the kind words! The Cherry Amore is definitely a staff favorite :) Glad you enjoyed the Nutella too. Please stop in for another visit if you find yourself in Burlington again!