“Best in Burlington”

Pizzeria Verita
Ranked #2 of 241 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a full service Neapolitan pizzeria with a focus on exceptional Italian cuisine, inspired craft cocktails, and a well-informed, engaging staff.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've been up and down from NY to VT six times this summer, and each visit I make it a point to stop in and have a pie... or three. Upon first entering the space, you might scratch your head at how diverse the clientele is; from young families, to couples, to lager parties celebrating, to seniors, to local celebrities, to those just enjoying a drink at the bar. The reason the Verita is able to cater to all these different types of people is two fold: The food and drink are the freshest around, and the atmosphere is incredible. The place is simultaneously alive with energy, laughter, and loud stories- while still having sections for those parties who aren't looking for quite as much excitement. The restaurant also does a great job of being aptly suited for couples of any age.

Let's talk food. First and foremost- this is not Domino's. If you walk in expecting a New York or Chicago style pizza, you're in for a surprise. Three or four pizza's can comfortably feed a hungry family of four, with some possible left-overs. It's a thin, Neapolitan style crust with shockingly fresh locally grown ingredients. I highly recommend the beet salad to start. With healthy portions of avocado, beets, and greens, this undoubtedly changed my prejudice against beets for the better. As far as the pizza is concerned, if you can't make up your mind just close your eyes and point, you can't miss. And if you have a bit of a sweet-tooth definitely go for the Nutella dessert pizza or one of the Bindi's. Personally I can never finish the dessert pizza by myself, so if you're looking for something I'd say go for the Coconut Bindi. I don't even like coconut. It was awesome.

Now I know this place may not be for everyone, and that's totally fine. But if you're in Burlington or just looking for somewhere new to try I really think this place is worth a shot. Enjoy!

1  Thank Brian M

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The atmosphere was great and the antipasta was very well done. I was slightly disappointed that the pizza crust was not as crisp as the real deal (in Italy). The server stated that we should ask for a crispier crust next time. They also need to keep the burnt flour (semolina) off of the pizza stone, as our pizza had residual burnt flour that lent a burnt taste to the crust at times.

1  Thank Majulamb
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Love, love, love this new addition to Burlington's collection of great places to eat. Pizza is so good- simple toppings, fantastic wood-fired crust, fresh-made cheese. Wine in water glasses. The salads are top notch and beautifully arranged. Very social place with lots of hands-on attention from the owners. Always busy, but quite possible to get a seat in a reasonable amount of time. The ambiance is more urban than Burlington usually gets- yeah! These guys know what they are doing.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just moved to Vermont from NJ. I am used to good NYC pizza, (Grimaldi's, Di Fara, Pizza 33, etc). I was VERY surprised when I found non-generic pizza at Pizzeria Verita. My girlfriend and I ordered a regular margherita pie and a four cheese pie (quattro formaggi). The pies are personal sized- 12 inches. They make their own mozzarella daily and it's delicious! The crust is good but has a decent amount of burnt (flame kissed) parts, however it didn't take us long to get used to the burnt flavor, although we'd prefer it without the burnt part. The second night we tried their beet, avocado and microgreen salad, which was very good, but a bit pricey ($9.50). We are looking forward to going back and trying their Nutella pizza. The atmosphere modern and sleek but also cozy with wood benches and chopped wood which, I assume, is waiting to be used in their pizza ovens. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. Music was excellent, good rock from the 60s and 70s. I was not expecting to find any good pizza in Vermont, but that changed after discovering Pizzeria Verita!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

An energetic and trendy eatery, Pizzeria Verita is the perfect place to have fabulous wood-fired personal-sized pies (the dough is amazing!) and generous delicious salads. Mozzarella is made in-house and there are many creative and unusual toppings choices as well as the old favorites (such as margherita and four cheese). Service is friendly and attentive. The Nutella pizza dessert is deliciously evil! This place is a gem - Burlington is so very lucky! We hear they are planning to add outdoor dining soon and this will be a welcome addition. Now...if they'd just open a Pizzeria Verita in Savannah, GA.....!!!

1  Thank Guscat09