“Whiskey!”

Whiskey Room
Ranked #55 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Description: New Tavern/Restaurant that opened in Burlington, Vermont in March, 2012.
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Walked past this place and thought it looked really fancy from the outside. Going inside, however, we found this place to be a charming bar. The low ceiling, wood paneling and lack of noisy tvs gave the Whiskey Room a cozy feel. I was told the whole building had been transported from Ireland.
The waiter who gave us our menus also provided suggestions which was helpful as the sheer amount of different whiskeys was almost overwhelming. Something like two hundred varieties! I took his advice and was not disappointed.
We didn't order actual dinner but tried a few of their appetizers which were very tasty. The blue cheese fries were especially delicious.
Aside from whiskeys they also had many locals beers and a variety of mixed drinks.
Granted I was there on a week day but the quiet, laid back feel of the place was a nice change from other bars. A definite Irish gem in Burlington!

1  Thank Daytripper1616

Reviewed October 10, 2013

So if you are a whiskey fan, this is the place to be. There are literally hundreds of different whiskeys on the menu -- and the bartenders are knowledgeable enough to talk you through what you're looking at.

The burger I ate was the real star of the show, though. It was amazing. Some kind of special relish on it that was memorable times ten.

Now, I think it came from the Ri Ra around the corner, but I didn't care. The food was great.

The atmosphere is neat too. A young, trendy vibe in the entire joint.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place reminded me of a cool English pub you'd find in the city. Swanky, but not intimidating. Cocktails were good, but I loved the cheese even more!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were curious so we stopped in and we are so glad that we did. Not whiskey drinkers, but believe me when I tell you that this is a whiskey paradise. They had a wonderful selection of beers/craft and otherwise, not to mention the ever famous Heddy Topper, which is very difficult to find at times. Our server was fantastic, very friendly, and she even remembered us from the previous night when we decided to stop in again for another drink. We didn't eat dinner but we did sample some cheeses from their wonderful cheese/meats menu and the cheese plate was delicious. Great bar and was probably our favorite place to sit and have a drink in Burlington.

1  Thank LAM3DE
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We did not dine at Whiskey Room, but instead came in late night for drinks. They have a wide variety of whiskey drinks sprawled across four chalkboards. It is nice they describe what is in each one We had a White Whiskey Punch that includes moonshine, and a friend had hibiscus whiskey that was also good. The glasses were large and the drinks range from $9-$25. We had a very funny bartender "Ger" who is a native to Limerick, Ireland and is quite the entertainer. Even decided to top off our drinks when his manager left! All-in-all a pretty good time and not too pricey for how much you get. They seemed to have had some regulars in, and everyone was enjoying themselves low-key.