North Beach Campground
  • Restaurant
$212
$191
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont(Burlington)(Great Value!)
$173
$148
$199
$219
  • Pool
The Burlington Hostel(Burlington)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbike pathfull hookupslake champlaingreat locationburlington waterfrontcan't beat the locationmain streetairstreamcauseway
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was by far the worst camp ground I have ever stayed in. To start, I was told our site was the best in the grounds; site 134. It was located right next to the dumping yard and a unsitely wood fence was along 1/4 of the site. I have backpacked and camped in many places throughout the country. I have never had a pest problem quite like this. There were racoons, skunks and possums roaming our site all night. One night, I attempted to scare a racoon from scratching at my tent. I admit, I was loud in my efforts as the animal showed no fear of me. The next day I recieved a letter from the parks manager, Al Linnell, to see him immeadiately. He informed me that he recieved complaints of my roudy behavior and told me if he wanted he could have me removed from the grounds via police escort. When I atempted to explain to him what had happened he brushed it off like I was lying. He was very rude and told me he was going to charge me an extra $10 a night for a small pop-up tent I set up for my son to play in and an easy-up I put up to stay dry in rainy weather. When I told him I would not pay the extra money he pulled out his cell phone and began to call the police. At this time my son began to cry and he put away the phone. What kind of manager treats campers with such flagrant disrespect on a family vacation especially with a child right there. From that time on the entire staff was rude and made my family very uncomfortable. Not to mention there rules were over the top and the security acted as if we were part of a worker release program. I was a long time resident of Burlington and was greatly looking forward to returning to place I once called home. This campground did not represent what I came to love about Vermont. If you are looking for a real VT experience there are MANY other campgrounds that will better serve you. Take from me DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank dave s
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here Labor day weekend in a tent. Prior to going we had read reviews and were a little scared at the bathroom situation and what others had said about various things. The campground itself is a little cramped but right down a short path is a beautiful beach on Lake Champlain and the location, right next to downtown Burlington made it perfect for our stay. The bathrooms were surprisingly clean and I noticed the campground staff cleaning it multiple times a day. We would definitely go back for a cheap but nice place to stay right next to the heart of the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank vanessa4268
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Do not arrive before 1 pm the check in time as they will not let you in early.

Arrived at 11:45 am. Wife checked in at office and came back to car around 12. Said we had to leave until 1 and escort would take us out. Escort came and led us out but it took about 15 minutes because we had to wait for someone at the dump site. We noticed that our site was not occupied.

Had to go to a place they assigned about 1 1/2 miles from campground and then come back to the campground at 1. We got to the assigned place about 12:30 and then came back at 11.

Refund policy is not flexible at all. If you pay, you lose your entire money. Best to only pay for one night, you will only lose that amount. I extended our stay for three nights and ended up losiing three nights fees. I wanted to leave because of hurricane Irene. They said that if the weather was goodk, they would not make any refund.

Staff keeps on saying that they can only follow the rules and they do not set them.

We have camped there a couple of times before because it is close to Burlington and our kids.

This experience will be our last there.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Hi,Jut got back from Northbeach.We have been going there for three years now.A few things i would like to say after reading other reviews.Upon arrival you are given a phone no. for security.If theres a problem,call it and they will respond.What they don't like is when you present the day after to complain about someone..your not sure exactly which camp.......was drunk and making noise.They can't help you then!its too late.If you are bothered call security when it is happening!also,the bathjrooms are cleaned every morning and are surveyed a couple times during the day.There are of course hundreds of people that use them through-out the day so things happen that maybe arn't noticed immediately.I think northbeach is great and we will go back many timesThe sites vary from big to small and they DO mix the big motor homes with the little campers some times ,cause they try to make everybody happy.they will also sell a trailor site totenting people if they need to instead of turning you around. Thanks for reading, Brian

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank interbrood
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here in a pop up camper. The campground has high shade trees, which is really nice. We noticed that the bathrooms were very dirty when we arrived, and never were properly cleaned during the 5 days we stayed. The staff would empty the garbages in the bathrooms, but never actually scrubbed down the toilets or showers. We thought after the busy weekend it would get better. It did not. I would not stay there again because of this. I considered saying something to the staff, however it wasn't clear that they would take action, based on another valid issue raised about inoperable equiptment.

Since this seems to be the main bathhouse for the whole camground, and beacause it is really, really dirty (not just surface dirty but e-coli breeding dirty) I would not be surprised if the campground experiences a major outbreak of illness.

• Stayed: July 2011