North Beach Campground
$199
Hotel Vermont(Burlington)
$249
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont(Burlington)(Great Value!)
$164
$105
$189
$170
Homewood
All reviewsbike pathfull hookupslake champlaingreat locationburlington waterfrontcan't beat the locationmain streetairstreamcauseway
Reviewed June 26, 2010

I have been to this campground many times. It is a wonderful campground. It is a PUBLIC campground, so of course theres going to be alot of people there. This is a good thing. We always meet people from around the country here and it very amusing!!!! The campground owners and their staff are wonderful people, nothing but a joy. And the lake is beautiful and nice on a hot day. So if you want to be bored......stay home. But if you want to have fun, I highly recommend this campground! C.Wilson

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vtvamps
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I only got three hours of sleep when I stayed at this campground. I was up all night becaus eof some drunk people being very loud. Also there were dogs barking and little kids screaming. The staff were very rude to me when I told them about some people next to me making threats to me just because I was probably ten years younger than the other people. The guy only had respect for older people and not an 18 year old. The bathrooms were unclean. I ended up leaving at 7 in the morning because i was sick of being there, considering I had been awake since 3am do to the drunk people. The sites were way to close to each other. We werfe practically sharing a tent space with the people next to us. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank vacationers22
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Stayed at this campground last September, 2008. Had a small travel trailer but was boxed in by large bus like RVs. The sites extrememely small..i.e. our awning was mere inches away from the RV next to us. Washrooms facilities were dirty and were/are in serious need of upgrading..In addition, the pay showers did not have any faucets therefore you could not control the temp. The camp staff were not at all flexible when we wanted to move sites (because of those big bus like RVs next to us). Also one particular staff member was extremely rude.....Beware of the Chihuahua walker!!!

On the positive side, it is a nice campground from a natures point of view.

Anne&Dan
Ottawa Canada

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AnneDanOttawa
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We stayed here 7/18/08-7/20/08 for the Vermont Brewer’s Festival. We really enjoyed the beach and they have a great playground if you have kids. There were just afew things that were kind of annoying. First, The campsites are very close together and they mix RV's W/ tents. Next, The showers take quarters! .50 for 6 minutes. (I think you actually get just a bit longer) Not a big deal just wish I'd known sooner. Some sites didn't have grates on the fire rings, which made it difficult to cook. It's super close to the waterfront park (walkable/bikeable), and it's right on Lake Champlain. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Nice small camp ground in the middle of Burlington.

Close to everything when needed. (Vermont Teddy Bear Company, Echo Water Center - great for the kids and Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Tour (20 mins awaY).

Perfect for families with little ones under 12. Beautiful Beach only a 5 min walk from any campsite. 2 perfect playparks for the kids also and with the staff not really tolerating any "issues" (ie loud music or obnoxious people.. wish is great when with kids.

Only down side was beach can great busy since it is so close to downtown Burlington. And that they allowed dogs on the beach with a collar. For me Dogs do not belong on beaches with kids.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)