“Good food, beer, staff, and people”
Review of Smitty's Pub

Smitty's Pub
Ranked #139 of 241 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Description: Smitty's Pub is a locally owned and operated sports pub and restaurant located in the New North End of Burlington. Smitty's full menu of appetizers and entrees features daily specials and is ideal for lunch, dinner or bar munchies. Trivia Night with Top Hat Entertainment - Wednesday 7-9pm.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A good neighborhood pub, had a turkey club, this was the real deal, good selection of beers, when I asked if I could put tennis on one of the tv's, no problem, people around us were super friendly and mostly locals I suspect, but not sure. I will be back.

4  Thank Pixelvt

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We are from Maryland and we drive up to Burlington every Winter for some skiing at Stowe. We enjoy Burlington and visiting Vermont very much.

We decided on Smitty's after an unsuccessful attempt at finding a table in one of the other Burlington establishments downtown.

My wife ordered the lobster salad (a generous portion of lobster) and I ordered the fish and chips (served hot and fresh). We enjoyed each of our meals very much and we will make it a point to stop by again on our next trip up to Vermont.

Smitty himself visited several tables (including ours) and thanked us for stopping by. Smitty's Pub is a sports bar and provides a good family dining experience. Smitty's is located in the north end of Burlington and serves as a well needed establishment...given the long stretch and lack of choice on north avenue.

2  Thank oceancrest67
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place is located in the north end of Burlington and well worth the drive. I got the Tomato Basil Alfredo and let me tell you it was out of this world, and I am not just saying if I didn't have garlic bread to soak up the rest of the sauce I would have licked it clean. We went on a night where it was pretty busy and there was only on wait staff employee and the bartender. Service was pretty slow I might add. I ordered a Margarita, its took sometime to get it considering it was busy, and when I got it and I could taste that something was wrong with it I waited about 20 minutes for the waitress to come back so I could tell her, and when I finally did she didn't beleive mean. She questioned me about what was wrong with it, and finally the bartender came over and I beleive he was the owner and I explained it to him and he apologized, he forgot to add the sour mix in. The atmosphere is loud and its kind of a sports bar. The food was definetly worth the wait, but they need more staff and a staff that doesn't grill you when you say something is wrong. Other than that I was a happy stuffed camper, can't wait to go back and try something new.

1  Thank LoverOfFoodDC
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Love going to Smitty's Pub on North Ave in Burlington. Football Sundays are the best if you ara a hard core football fan. GREAT prices on wings,beer and the staff is super nice. Great people !!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place. Smitty bought it a year or so ago and before that it was Norm's. Before Norm's it was some awful place that was always empty and had a terrible vibe. Smitty's has good service and basic bar food (though the menu has expanded recently). We go there almost monthly when we don't feel like heading into the crazyness of downtown Burlington on a Friday/Saturday night. Service can be a bit slow at times which is odd since the place isn't that big. Servers are always friendly and the bar seems to always be busy and full of regulars. Plenty of TV's to catch a sporting event.