“So well-pleased & always will stay here during Burlington sojourns!!!”

Sunset House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
Sunset House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“So well-pleased & always will stay here during Burlington sojourns!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Blessed to stay for a week & more in this delightful Bed & Breakfast! The hosts are so very gracious, as well as accommodating in every possible way. The two different rooms I have enjoyed were immaculate, well-appointed & lovely. All amenities were (& are) generously provided, including often home-baked, delicious breakfast goodies. The location Guests from all over the globe add to the interest of this home-like atmosphere & an appreciative commraderie prevails!

Room Tip: Request the room above the garden.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2011

You can tell that the owners are just in this business for the money. I didn't feel very welcome there. Everywhere were laminated signs what to do: take your shoes off, take short showers etc...The bathrooms were reasonably clean, however the whole house was full of kitsch and decorations that were full of dust. I am not sure if the bottom sheet of the bed had been changed after the customer before me, there were many hairs and I even could spot one bedbug!IEvrything was very dusty and had a mildew smell; there were fragrance and potpourri everywhere (I guess to cover that smell). The windows were locked so I was unable to open them and get fresh air in. This is not suitable for anyone that has problems with dust and mites!The breakfast was from 7.30-9.30 (I was not told, so if you don't read one of the many the signs you might miss it)The owner wasn't there the whole time, its self serve, Juice from plastic cups, coffee, bananas, bagels and muffins with a couple of spreads, they also had yogurt and cereal. I have had better ones in Motels. For 170$ per night (including tax) this whole experience was very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank lilaleni
Schuylerville, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Clean, charming, comfortable, quiet, convenient ... and Nancy and Paul are wonderful hosts. It is easy to find bad reviews about any place ... not this one! If you are looking for a nice place to call home in a great New England "hometown" city, this is it. We parked our car and didn't move it for three days. A light continental breakfast and many wonderful places to eat and explore. 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: The Green Room was perfect ... didn't see the others.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Nancy was a wonderful host. She was incredibly welcoming and a delight to talk to. My room was very comfortable and I rested very well for two nights. If you are looking for a personal touch, you should stay at The Sunset House in Burlington.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank litpick
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Nancy the owner was warm and committed to community as she booked me my room for the night. The place is immaculate with it's high ceilings and old world feel.
When all of my gear was stowed away both in her garage and my room I felt the sense of homeyness rush over me that you wouldn't find in any hotel.
Her shower had the best pressure per square inch, 800 psi I believe, and it completely massaged my sore muscles. Thanks Nancy!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Pierrefonds, France
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Nancy Thank you for your hospitality
We could not ask for a better location in Berlington
We really enjoy our stay at your B&B and thank you for being so nice with us
Danielle& Denis
Quebec

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Dear Nancy and Paul: Part of visiting a destination for the first time is concern about accommodations. You can read reviews, and hear word of mouth about a place, etc., but you never know until you get there whether your lodging contributes to making a first visit a fine stay. Our stay at Sunset House Bed and Breakfast (8/08-11/2010) afforded us a cozy, convenient and welcoming room in which to relax and refresh during our leisure and business activities in Burlington. Your warm hospitality helped us to feel like we were visiting distant yet friendly relatives with all the privacy and comfort we needed to enjoy the lakeside ambiance and conduct our business. The property, location and your affability were the perfect combination to make our time there memorable. If we have an opportunity to visit your beautiful city again, we will surely call you. Meanwhile, we wish you much continued success. Paul and Vidda

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,275 reviews

Been to Sunset House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!