“There is no place like home”

Sunset House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
Sunset House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
Burlington, Vermont
“There is no place like home”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Nancy the owner was warm and committed to community as she booked me my room for the night. The place is immaculate with it's high ceilings and old world feel.
When all of my gear was stowed away both in her garage and my room I felt the sense of homeyness rush over me that you wouldn't find in any hotel.
Her shower had the best pressure per square inch, 800 psi I believe, and it completely massaged my sore muscles. Thanks Nancy!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pierrefonds, France
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Nancy Thank you for your hospitality
We could not ask for a better location in Berlington
We really enjoy our stay at your B&B and thank you for being so nice with us
Danielle& Denis
Quebec

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Dear Nancy and Paul: Part of visiting a destination for the first time is concern about accommodations. You can read reviews, and hear word of mouth about a place, etc., but you never know until you get there whether your lodging contributes to making a first visit a fine stay. Our stay at Sunset House Bed and Breakfast (8/08-11/2010) afforded us a cozy, convenient and welcoming room in which to relax and refresh during our leisure and business activities in Burlington. Your warm hospitality helped us to feel like we were visiting distant yet friendly relatives with all the privacy and comfort we needed to enjoy the lakeside ambiance and conduct our business. The property, location and your affability were the perfect combination to make our time there memorable. If we have an opportunity to visit your beautiful city again, we will surely call you. Meanwhile, we wish you much continued success. Paul and Vidda

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Dear Paul and Nancy, Thankyou for making our stay such a pleasant experience. Your hospitality and the comfort of your home will always be remembered by ourselves as part of our memorable stay in delightful Burlington. We slept in the Green room which was cool and very comfortable in spite of extreme warm and humid conditions! If we ever return, we will be sure to stay at Sunset House.
Lynn & Roger Kellerman,
Gloucester, England ( UK ).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2010

You could not ask for a better location in Burlington. We parked the car Friday night and did not touch it again until we left on Sunday. You can walk to everything. The shared bathrooms were never a problem, and the continental breakfast was just fine. We didn't have to schedule our breakfast time! Our hosts were a lovely, personable, couple whom we enjoyed having coffe with before we left. I would go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rhenrik1
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2010

As President & CEO of a small company, I have to travel extensively throughout the U.S. As a tourist, I have been fortunate enough to have visited over 60 countries throughout the world. So, I have had my share of experiences. I have been staying at Sunset House, an intimate family run Bed & Breakfast on Main Street, for over 10 years. And, I keep coming back!

The location is superb with onsite parking, providing an easy 5 minute walk to the waterfront as well as to Church Street. The rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable. Nancy and Paul are wonderful, helpful hosts.

I love going back to Burlington, VT time after time. Staying at Sunset House makes those visits both enjoyable and memorable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jrmcs1234
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Our nephew found this B&B for us a few blocks from his apartment. Boy, what a lucky find! From the moment we walked in we felt welcome and at home. Nancy and Paul couldn't have been nicer. Our room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was self serve in a sweet kitchen area. The common room was a nice place to hang out. We spent three nights here and will certainly return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,275 reviews

Been to Sunset House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!